+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student with Job Offer - HELP

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have recently graduated from Humber college after completing Post Graduate Program (Not Masters) and got a job offer from a multi national company and i am a software developer so my my job profile is under NOC A.

I wanted to know the process for International Student with Job Offer stream and what all documents i will require from my company.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
singh-ak said:
Hi Guys,

I have recently graduated from Humber college after completing Post Graduate Program (Not Masters) and got a job offer from a multi national company and i am a software developer so my my job profile is under NOC A.

I wanted to know the process for International Student with Job Offer stream and what all documents i will require from my company.
Hi AK,

Personally I wouldn't suggest the International Student with Job offer Stream. Here are my reasons and teh prcoess:
1. You need to get Pre_screened your employer. (For which first you have to convince your employer to submit financial documents, etc)
2. If your employer agrees than he will submit a file with the completed documentation and forms (Now wait for atleast 9 months) I had to wait 11 months.(Ontario Immigration won't respond to any queries relating to time lines and delays)
3. After you get the pre-screen you will have to submit your application with joint verification form and $1500. (Wait again for 6-9 months)
4. You than get the Ontario Nomination. (Now you are thinking you will fill in Express entry profile. Right? NO you have to do a paper profile like old days) Expected Time duration 18 months or more.

Now lets consider the fastest possible time:
Prescreen 6 months
PNP 6 months
PR 18 months
Convincing employer and gathering documents befor filing applications 1-2 momnths.

So in best case scenario you are looking at 2 years and 8 months which won't happen so a min of 3.5 years is what's the timelines are and your PG work permit is 3 years.
And not to mention you have to spend $1500 +other fees extra and Ontario has put PN on HOld since May 15th.

My recommendation. Get IELTS done when you have completed 6 months in this job.
Fill in your EE profile and wait for 10 months of Job completion as they add points early and hope you get ITA through CEC or FSW.

PS: After Pre-Screen got approved I dropped the Idea of PNP as i got my ITA.

Good Luck

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
dell2 said:
Are you looking for nomination our EE PR?

job offer, if supported with LMIA can help you a lot
LMIA doesnt sound a good option as it has a lot of investment and procedure which i am sure my company wont do.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
kirtivsingh said:
Hi AK,

Personally I wouldn't suggest the International Student with Job offer Stream. Here are my reasons and teh prcoess:
1. You need to get Pre_screened your employer. (For which first you have to convince your employer to submit financial documents, etc)
2. If your employer agrees than he will submit a file with the completed documentation and forms (Now wait for atleast 9 months) I had to wait 11 months.(Ontario Immigration won't respond to any queries relating to time lines and delays)
3. After you get the pre-screen you will have to submit your application with joint verification form and $1500. (Wait again for 6-9 months)
4. You than get the Ontario Nomination. (Now you are thinking you will fill in Express entry profile. Right? NO you have to do a paper profile like old days) Expected Time duration 18 months or more.

Now lets consider the fastest possible time:
Prescreen 6 months
PNP 6 months
PR 18 months
Convincing employer and gathering documents befor filing applications 1-2 momnths.

So in best case scenario you are looking at 2 years and 8 months which won't happen so a min of 3.5 years is what's the timelines are and your PG work permit is 3 years.
And not to mention you have to spend $1500 +other fees extra and Ontario has put PN on HOld since May 15th.

My recommendation. Get IELTS done when you have completed 6 months in this job.
Fill in your EE profile and wait for 10 months of Job completion as they add points early and hope you get ITA through CEC or FSW.

PS: After Pre-Screen got approved I dropped the Idea of PNP as i got my ITA.

Good Luck
Hi Kirti,

Thanks for the detailed response. This really helps.
I think its better to apply under CEC or FSW under Express Entry.

Because if i go ahead with the International Student with job offer stream then i can not switch company until i get my PR also switching company just after getting the PR wouldn't look nice.
So CEC seems to be the best option.

But i think i will be eligible under FSW right now because of my Indian experience. I have done my IELTS and scored 7.5 (L - 7.5,R - 8.0,W - 7.0,S - 7.5). I have also got my WES evaluation.

Do you think getting in the pool right now would be beneficial?? I calculated my CRS score which comes to around 410 (AGE - 110, Education - 128, Language - 122, Foreign Experience - 25).
I know the current draw was at 482. So what are the other ways to get more CRS point.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
singh-ak said:
Hi Kirti,

Because if i go ahead with the International Student with job offer stream then i can not switch company until i get my PR also switching company just after getting the PR wouldn't look nice.

But i think i will be eligible under FSW right now because of my Indian experience. I have done my IELTS and scored 7.5 (L - 7.5,R - 8.0,W - 7.0,S - 7.5). I have also got my WES evaluation.

Do you think getting in the pool right now would be beneficial?? I calculated my CRS score which comes to around 410 (AGE - 110, Education - 128, Language - 122, Foreign Experience - 25).
I know the current draw was at 482. So what are the other ways to get more CRS point.
Thats Great 410 is not a bad score at all + after 1 year Canadian experience you will bump up to 450+ so just sit tight. :)

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
kirtivsingh said:
Thats Great 410 is not a bad score at all + after 1 year Canadian experience you will bump up to 450+ so just sit tight. :)
Thanks a lot Kirti ;D ;D ;D

But i was wondering if i would be eligible right now with my Indian Experience, Canadian Education and a full time Job under NOC A category. What are the other factors where i can gain more CRS point. Maybe try IELTS again or any other suggestion?
Sorry if my question is too idiotic :-\

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
singh-ak said:
Thanks a lot Kirti ;D ;D ;D

But i was wondering if i would be eligible right now with my Indian Experience, Canadian Education and a full time Job under NOC A category. What are the other factors where i can gain more CRS point. Maybe try IELTS again or any other suggestion?
Sorry if my question is too idiotic :-\
With 410 points you are kinda in the middle. you may or may not get ITA. With 450+ you got some hope.
It all depends on CIC. But creating the profile is the only way to know
so I would say create the EE profile and wait.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
kirtivsingh said:
With 410 points you are kinda in the middle. you may or may not get ITA. With 450+ you got some hope.
It all depends on CIC. But creating the profile is the only way to know
so I would say create the EE profile and wait.
Yes thats the plan.
Because we have nothing to loose 8)

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
singh-ak said:
Hi Kirti,

Hello sir, just wonder the "International student with job offer" stream can't go for express entry?

Thanks a lot.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
logoaka said:
Hello sir, just wonder the "International student with job offer" stream can't go for express entry?

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately No Logoka. It has to go through the paper application process.
Only human capital and french speaking are Express entry Nominations