+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student with an online business?

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
I'm an international student here in canada and i have started a VERY small online business and my earnings are in USD. Will that affect my status in canada in any way or get me into trouble? I don't want any trouble I basically was working online before I got my visa for canada but then decided to start my own business. Please help me out I would appreciate it. and no, I can't afford to see a lawyer at this moment. Thanks

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Also, when i apply for a PR will having an online business harm me in any way? I just want to stay legal and do legal work. thanks

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Technically if your income is from Canada even though it is online you may be violating the Law especially, if you don't have a permit to work as an International student.You can solve this problem by registering your business locally provided you have a Canadian citizen or PR as a Partner and this will have Tax implications but atleast you can go to sleep without any fears.You may contact a Lawyer if you require more information

ckizbz

Aug 25, 2021
Also, when i apply for a PR will having an online business harm me in any way? I just want to stay legal and do legal work. thanks
hi did you find a solution for this! Cause I am experiencing the same thing! Please can you help me out?