+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Who Wants to Renew Temporary Visit Visa

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hello. I am an international student with study permit valid until April 2019. I will apply for PGWP after my graduation.

My TRV recently expired Sept 2018. I want to apply for a new TRV so that I can re-enter Canada in any case that there will be delays or issues and if I want to travel back to my country and then come back to Canada.

I tried to apply online and am already filling out the IMM5078 (Application to Extend Stay or Change Condition). Should I choose Extend my Stay? The options are Extend my stay, restore my status as visitor, or get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)?

I am stuck on this portion as I am not sure what to choose. I am still on a valid status as as student and I just want to have a separate TRV.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. I am an international student with study permit valid until April 2019. I will apply for PGWP after my graduation.

My TRV recently expired Sept 2018. I want to apply for a new TRV so that I can re-enter Canada in any case that there will be delays or issues and if I want to travel back to my country and then come back to Canada.

I tried to apply online and am already filling out the IMM5078 (Application to Extend Stay or Change Condition). Should I choose Extend my Stay? The options are Extend my stay, restore my status as visitor, or get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)?

I am stuck on this portion as I am not sure what to choose. I am still on a valid status as as student and I just want to have a separate TRV.
Hi

IMM5708 is the wrong form. It would change your status in Canada from student to visitor.

There is a particular way to answer the questionnaire to be provided with the TRV app but I can't recall what it is. You can also just apply by paper.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi

IMM5708 is the wrong form. It would change your status in Canada from student to visitor.

There is a particular way to answer the questionnaire to be provided with the TRV app but I can't recall what it is. You can also just apply by paper.
Hi

I am thinking it is. But it was the form included when I tried to apply online. This is why I did not continue the application and thought to ask first.