+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student(temporary resident) of Canada wants to call spouse

amy bayer

Jan 17, 2015
Dear experts,
I am a recent international student here at Canada (British Columbia) from Pakistan and i want to call my spouse here too. But here are certain things which i want to inquire about:
1. I got married after i had applied for my visa, so in cic documents i am not mentioned as married.
2. Also i lack funds like i don't know how much money are minimum for calling spouse here as temporary resident.
3. Also we were married in some quick circumstances and without our family will, so i lack the pictures of marriage ceremony,and pictures with friends etc however i do have our other pictures together.
4.What way and process should i be adopting? Like should my husband come only on visiting visa or work visa and then we declare our marriage or who should be applying for visa like me for calling my husband and then which checklist of documents to follow?

Please urgent help is needed!!

Thank-you
Amy Bayer

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
amy bayer said:
Dear experts,
I am a recent international student here at Canada (British Columbia) from Pakistan and i want to call my spouse here too. But here are certain things which i want to inquire about:
1. I got married after i had applied for my visa, so in cic documents i am not mentioned as married.
2. Also i lack funds like i don't know how much money are minimum for calling spouse here as temporary resident.
3. Also we were married in some quick circumstances and without our family will, so i lack the pictures of marriage ceremony,and pictures with friends etc however i do have our other pictures together.
4.What way and process should i be adopting? Like should my husband come only on visiting visa or work visa and then we declare our marriage or who should be applying for visa like me for calling my husband and then which checklist of documents to follow?

Please urgent help is needed!!

Thank-you
Amy Bayer
1. You should update your marital status with CIC online/via other means of contact asap. It's your obligation to update your marital status when there is a change.

2/ 4. Not sure what you meant. In the case he is coming as a temporary worker or visitor, CIC has different requirements. You should read on CIC's website for each option.

3/ 4. I assumed you just graduated from a Canadian university. If your plan is to apply for spousal sponsorship for your husband, first you have to become a Permanent Resident. Depending on your credentials, you could opt for BC-PNP or CEC.

Afterwards, read on the Family Class Sponsorship in this forum and on CIC's website for more details. To cut in short, both you and your spouse will need to write personal statements explaining the circumstances of your marriage, and have your family members and friends write support letters for your relationship.

amy bayer

Jan 17, 2015
Thank-you for your reply;
1. Yup i have gathered the information regarding updating my status at cic, and I will update it as soon as i get English notarized copy of my Nikkah-nama. (Marriage certificate).
2. No, I have not graduated from Canada, I have just came here as a Masters student and i want to call my spouse as well.
3. I will not be calling him on sponsorship as for that i have to wait for a long time, till i get my PR here.
So, any idea under what heading i can call him?
Like this i know that spouse accompanying International Students can work here under open work permit, but I don't know the very first step of calling him (i.e. should i be calling him and applying here from Canada? or should he be applying from Pakistan)?

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Your husband will apply for TRV or OPW from CHC Islamabad, Pakistan and you will assist him by sending an Invitation Letter and other proof.

amy bayer said:
Thank-you for your reply;
1. Yup i have gathered the information regarding updating my status at cic, and I will update it as soon as i get English notarized copy of my Nikkah-nama. (Marriage certificate).
2. No, I have not graduated from Canada, I have just came here as a Masters student and i want to call my spouse as well.
3. I will not be calling him on sponsorship as for that i have to wait for a long time, till i get my PR here.
So, any idea under what heading i can call him?
Like this i know that spouse accompanying International Students can work here under open work permit, but I don't know the very first step of calling him (i.e. should i be calling him and applying here from Canada? or should he be applying from Pakistan)?

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi... Could you please tell how to update marital status in cic file?