Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Hello,

I have an urgent query, I am an international student graduating my 2 year course by the end of this month. My spouse is with me here in Canada on the dependent visa which expires on the 30th Aug 2015 just like mine. I am now being told by someone that my spouse will not get the 3 year visa extension if I do not get a job under the NOC O,A or B category. Irrespective of the fact whether I work in my field or not.

Could someone please advise on this since my spouse is already working in TD, although its on contract there are good chances of it being turned into a permanent job and for obvious reasons I don't want him to loose his job because of something so stupid.

Thank you
DN

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

dhamisy said:
Hello,

I have an urgent query, I am an international student graduating my 2 year course by the end of this month. My spouse is with me here in Canada on the dependent visa which expires on the 30th Aug 2015 just like mine. I am now being told by someone that my spouse will not get the 3 year visa extension if I do not get a job under the NOC O,A or B category. Irrespective of the fact whether I work in my field or not.

Could someone please advise on this since my spouse is already working in TD, although its on contract there are good chances of it being turned into a permanent job and for obvious reasons I don't want him to loose his job because of something so stupid.

Thank you
DN

Whatever you heard, its true.

dhamisy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Thanks for your help. Have 2 more questions...

1) If I get a job but on contract for say 6 months time would CIC then give my spouse extension only for 6 months or whatever is the duration of the contract?

2) I have applied for my PR and have received the file number in the PER mail by CIC does this make my spouse eligible for bridging work permit .. if so then how long would it be for ?

Thanks for your help in advance

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
dhamisy said:
Thanks for your help. Have 2 more questions...

1) If I get a job but on contract for say 6 months time would CIC then give my spouse extension only for 6 months or whatever is the duration of the contract?

2) I have applied for my PR and have received the file number in the PER mail by CIC does this make my spouse eligible for bridging work permit .. if so then how long would it be for ?

Thanks for your help in advance
Am not an expert by profession on this, but circumstances made me a reseArch guy on this topic. Have also same issue.

- even if you have a contract job, that's fine. It has to satisfy NOC requirements and you must have appointment letter and one salary slip

- your spouse gets the open permit for the same period i.e 3 years

Hope this helps

dhamisy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
I dont mean to be offensive but how do you know that the spouse would get 3 years permit even on a contract job and not = to the contract job duration ? .. is it written anywhere or you have come across similar case some where ?

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
dhamisy said:
I dont mean to be offensive but how do you know that the spouse would get 3 years permit even on a contract job and not = to the contract job duration ? .. is it written anywhere or you have come across similar case some where ?
I appreciate your concern.

- The rule says that your spouse is supposed to get equal amount of OWP, its written.
- I confirmed the contractual job part from CIC call center

I hope this helps