Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hello

I am a permanent resident living in Quebec.

I married back in July, my spouse is from Lebanon and she got her CAQ (Certificat d acceptation du Quebec) and got her student VISA Valid until August 2017, she is coming to attend university D.E.S.S on December.

Should i apply for her a Family Sponsorship from Lebanon in order to get the PR as a wife ?

My question is what is the best, fastest and surer way for her to be a PR?

Best Regard

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
yma981 said:
Hello

I am a permanent resident living in Quebec.

I married back in July, my spouse is from Lebanon and she got her CAQ (Certificat d acceptation du Quebec) and got her student VISA Valid until August 2017, she is coming to attend university D.E.S.S on December.

Should i apply for her a Family Sponsorship from Lebanon in order to get the PR as a wife ?

My question is what is the best, fastest and surer way for her to be a PR?

Best Regard
Living in Canada she can chose either Inland or Outland. If she is not wanting to work...Outland is probably the fastest route. CIC's website says around 14 months, but generally that is worse case. Inland is generally much longer although it also varies (cic says 26 months, but average for most is 16-18 months, but you can get an OWP...and you cannot appeal if refused on the PR app. If you apply Outland, you cannot get an OWP, but you can appeal a refusal.

You can view the a spreadsheets to get an idea of processing times that may help.
Outland 2016 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQFdDeeLRGrdl_DzlAumwv6nyz-oprHo5rU1bGdDdqs/edit#gid=658388151
Inland - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=130501564

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
simpsol22 said:
Living in Canada she can chose either Inland or Outland. If she is not wanting to work...Outland is probably the fastest route. CIC's website says around 14 months, but generally that is worse case. Inland is generally much longer although it also varies (cic says 26 months, but average for most is 16-18 months, but you can get an OWP...and you cannot appeal if refused on the PR app. If you apply Outland, you cannot get an OWP, but you can appeal a refusal.

You can view the a spreadsheets to get an idea of processing times that may help.
Outland 2016 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQFdDeeLRGrdl_DzlAumwv6nyz-oprHo5rU1bGdDdqs/edit#gid=658388151
Inland - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=130501564
First things first Thank you for your reponse

So you are saying that the best way for her to get the PR is for me to apply a "Spouse sponsoship" Application??

Will the "Study Permit" and her residing in Canada-Montreal affect in any way the "Spouse sponsoship" Application?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
yma981 said:
First things first Thank you for your reponse

So you are saying that the best way for her to get the PR is for me to apply a "Spouse sponsoship" Application??

Will the "Study Permit" and her residing in Canada-Montreal affect in any way the "Spouse sponsoship" Application?
Yes, the Spousal Sponsorship application - since you are married it will be the easiest. There are two different sets of forms - Inland (In Canada) and Outland (Family Class). Either can be used if she is living in Canada. If living outside Canada, one can only use Outland.

I do not believe the study permit would have any affect on the application as that is her status here in Canada.

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
simpsol22 said:
Yes, the Spousal Sponsorship application - since you are married it will be the easiest. There are two different sets of forms - Inland (In Canada) and Outland (Family Class). Either can be used if she is living in Canada. If living outside Canada, one can only use Outland.

I do not believe the study permit would have any affect on the application as that is her status here in Canada.
[the study permit does not affect your application. Outland is faster, you can appeal. Inland longer, you can work. I chose Outland due to speed and study cost reduced once pr granted]

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hello again

I am in the process of filling out the required document to sponsor my wife ( she is already in Quebec and will start her studies as international student)

As it is mentioned above i have 2 options
1- To apply as inland ( long + permission to work)
2- Apply outland (Shorter, No permission to work)

I couldn't see in the forms where I can choose whether to choose inland or outland

It is written in:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Apply under the Family Class if:

the person you want to sponsor lives outside Canada
the person you want to sponsor currently lives with you in Canada but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed
you plan to appeal if the application is refused
Apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class if the person you want to sponsor:

lives with you in Canada
is eligible to become a permanent resident from within Canada
would like to apply for, and qualifies for, an Open Work Permit so that he or she can work while the application is being processed

Should I apply under the FAMILY CLASS for outland and shorter wait ??

I would be grateful if someone can point it out for me since i want to apply as an outland even though she is living here in Quebec.

Thanks in advance

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Hi! :) So as of December 15, 2016, a new application came out. It's not separate anymore, but within the one application you still do select inland/outland. They are now aiming to complete all apps in and out within 12 months. Here is a link that explains more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-15.asp

You still have the same options:

If applicant lives in Canada:
Apply inland and get open work permit (no chance to appeal a refusal)
Apply Outland, no work permit (can appeal if refused)

If Applicant lives outside Canada:
Must apply Outland

It's really up to you on which you want to do. With the new app, it is not suppose to have any difference on timing.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
yma981 said:
Hello again

I am in the process of filling out the required document to sponsor my wife ( she is already in Quebec and will start her studies as international student)

As it is mentioned above i have 2 options
1- To apply as inland ( long + permission to work)
2- Apply outland (Shorter, No permission to work)

I couldn't see in the forms where I can choose whether to choose inland or outland

It is written in:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Apply under the Family Class if:

the person you want to sponsor lives outside Canada
the person you want to sponsor currently lives with you in Canada but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed
you plan to appeal if the application is refused
Apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class if the person you want to sponsor:

lives with you in Canada
is eligible to become a permanent resident from within Canada
would like to apply for, and qualifies for, an Open Work Permit so that he or she can work while the application is being processed

Should I apply under the FAMILY CLASS for outland and shorter wait ??

I would be grateful if someone can point it out for me since i want to apply as an outland even though she is living here in Quebec.

Thanks in advance
New forms and new processing procedures have just been updated by IRCC.
Starting now and going forward, there will be no difference in the length of time for an INLAND or OUTLAND application.

INLAND will allow your wife to stay here when her study visa is expired
AND she will be eligible to have an Open Work Permit, so she will be able to work once the permit is issued, even while her PR application continues to be processed.

It sounds to me like you have a good situation for applying INLAND,
unless your wife wants to go home for a year and wait, for some personal reason like being with family.

I think INLAND is your best option.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yma981 said:
It's perfectly fine to apply outland while she is in Canada on a study permit.

You stated her study permit is valid until August. Is she only taking a short course?

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
It's perfectly fine to apply outland while she is in Canada on a study permit.

You stated her study permit is valid until August. Is she only taking a short course?
She is here for a DESS, 3 semesters we will be forced to extend the study permit