+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student quarantine

Mar 17, 2021
I am arriving in mid April for May intake for post graduate course in Toronto. My college is in Sudbury, ON but I am thinking to move to Calgary as my classes will be online. I would like to know if it is ok to travel to Calgary by plane after my 3 day hotel quarantine. Or do I need to complete my 14 day quarantine in Toronto? Please advise if anyone has information on this. Thanks in advance

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
In any case, I don't think you would be allowed to board another flight when you will technically be in quarantine (after your three days in a hotel). Also, you need to input your quarantine plan in ArriveCAN even before you board your international flight and a place in different province would certainly raise some eyebrows.

I think you would need to complete your full 14 days quarantine in Ontario before you can move on to Calgary. But please look for official info for clarification.

Reactions: aspirant256
Mar 17, 2021
In any case, I don't think you would be allowed to board another flight when you will technically be in quarantine (after your three days in a hotel). Also, you need to input your quarantine plan in ArriveCAN even before you board your international flight and a place in different province would certainly raise some eyebrows.

I think you would need to complete your full 14 days quarantine in Ontario before you can move on to Calgary. But please look for official info for clarification.
Thank you so much

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I am arriving in mid April for May intake for post graduate course in Toronto. My college is in Sudbury, ON but I am thinking to move to Calgary as my classes will be online. I would like to know if it is ok to travel to Calgary by plane after my 3 day hotel quarantine. Or do I need to complete my 14 day quarantine in Toronto? Please advise if anyone has information on this. Thanks in advance
you're allowed to travel after 3 days. doesn't the ircc website say you can go to your final destination after the hotel stopover?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020

Incorrect, following the 3-day quarantine in Toronto, you can take a direct flight to your final destination (with no other stops on the way) to complete the remaining 11 days. Remember the destination province will probably require 2 covid tests during the 11-day quarantine.