11-25-2012
Med's Done....
04-26-2012, 2nd on March 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
Dear Everyone,

I am new in this forum. Just to give you a quick review of my case: Me and my university love and currently wife (Canadian Citizen) are living in Bangladesh. I was an international student in canada for 4 years (2006-10). Then I overstayed for 6 months and when i realized i came back to my country voluntarily. My girlfriend followed me to bangladesh and we got married in Bangladesh on august 2011. We have been through a very ruff 3 year relationship because of this immigration issue. I came back just a month before my graduation in 2010 and never was able to go back. So I missed my graduation ceremony, missed one last chance to see my Father in law to be (at that time) who died of cancer on march 2011 (when my girl was months away from her graduation living in Sackville NB when her parents were in Peterborough ON). i tried to apply for a tourist visa and another study permit but got denied, But they didnt flag me though. We have evidence of about 150 pages of facebook msg, skype conversation details, cell phone msg details, 60 photos etc which indicates our relationship since the very first day to present day. We also provided travel details of my wife and in law family's coming to bangladesh for ceremonies and to visit before our marriage, joint bank acc in bangladesh, house lease, proof of her's bangladeshi parmanent residency, my IELTS (7.5) etc. My wife is currently working in bangladesh as a school teacher.

We have explained our heartbreaking story (Which includes year and a half of long distance) and every other occasion as the forms described. We have recently submitted our application and waiting for the sponsorship approval from Mississauga but by the look of it, it is gonna be a long time. My question is if my mother in law (In canada) wants to go to her MP when should she try? Also can anyone give me a feedback about the chances for my application provided that my application was well organized?

Roman

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
The most important thing for a spousal application is the legitimacy of the relationship.

You say you left voluntarily - so there was no removal order, right? Assuming that is the case, you should be fine, at least with respect to your overstay.

Now you just have to wait for them to process your outland application. Singapore is currently showing 23 months to complete 80% of applications.

Good luck!

smahmud

Sep 14, 2012
Dhaka, BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-25-2012
File Transfer...
11-25-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
Thanks for your valuable info.

My mother in law wants to contact the MP asap. Application was delivered to Mississauga on 11th Sep 2012. We know it is just been a week but do u think my mother in law can contact MP in a personal appointment anyways and explain our story so that he/she can bring attention towards the application. Do you think a sympathy effect would work in my favor as such that my mother in law miss us and she is worried abt her daughter's health (in Bangladesh), or my wife's grandparents are in nineties and they are worried abt not being able to spend time with us as we had to face the same thing with my father in law (who passes away in march 2010) because of the immigration issue?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smahmud said:
Thanks for your valuable info.

My mother in law wants to contact the MP asap. Application was delivered to Mississauga on 11th Sep 2012. We know it is just been a week but do u think my mother in law can contact MP in a personal appointment anyways and explain our story so that he/she can bring attention towards the application. Do you think a sympathy effect would work in my favor as such that my mother in law miss us and she is worried abt her daughter's health (in Bangladesh), or my wife's grandparents are in nineties and they are worried abt not being able to spend time with us as we had to face the same thing with my father in law (who passes away in march 2010) because of the immigration issue?
1. CIC hasn't even opened the sponsorship yet, so there is no information and CIC will not push the sponsorship to the front of the line.
2. As it isn't the M/L's sponsorship, I doubt she would be given any information due to the privacy Act.
3. You are going to have to wait in line, the same as everyone being sponsored overseas.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I heartily agree with PMM on this one - there is nothing anyone can do at this point. Your MP might be moved by your story, but there isn't anything anyone can do - the CIC facility in Mississauga is a bit of a warehouse from what I understand, with hundreds of applications in process at any point in time. It's not possible for them to even find your application, and I've very seldom heard of them giving anyone preferential treatment.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, it is far to early to contact the MP.
On a positive note, it looks like you have really good evidence your relationship is genuine, in particular the evidence that your wife is living with you in Bangladesh. So your application may be done more quickly than the average for the Singapore office, given that they may not require an interview if there was enough evidence of the genuiness of the relationship.

The MP can be contacted if the application seems to be taking too long, for the office. After a year, for example, it wouldn't hurt to try contacting the MP.

Keep gathering evidence that your relationship is genuine: any proof of your life together in Bangladesh. You can send this in to be added to your file after a year or so (not necessary, but some people do); the visa officer may ask for more evidence; and if there is an interview you will need this extra evidence then.

smahmud

Sep 14, 2012
Dhaka, BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-25-2012
File Transfer...
11-25-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
Thanks to all of you for your valuable comment. Your consensus makes me feel confident that these are the right answers. I guess the waiting game starts fr me. I will update you with any info's as soon as I receive them. Meanwhile here are the documents we have added with the application, Please tell me your opinions.

1. All forms for me and my wife as a sponsor.
2. All other identity documents
3. Proof of relationship: one year skype conversations + one year cell phone msg (when we were doing long distance) , three years facebook msg, 60 photos (Wedding+ reception + turmeric ceremony+full first family from both side+honeymoon+20 more occasions together in Canada and in Bangladesh of our three year relationship which includes all extended families from both side), House lease (Proof that we are living together for a year after marriage), Joint Bank Accounts in Bangladesh for a year, My family business acc,
4. IELTS 7.5
5. Marriage documents
6. Mother in laws letter mentioning the details of the relationship and offer of living support in canada.
7. Medical, photos, police clearances
8. Payment receipt for 1040 dollar for application and right of residence fee

thats pretty much it.

smahmud

Sep 14, 2012
Dhaka, BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
11-25-2012
File Transfer...
11-25-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 6th 2014
I was also just wondering that if i was needed to include the guide imm3900, imm3999 and country specific documents along with my application

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't send the guides in with the application. You do need to send any country-specific documents that apply to you.

The evidence you have looks good.