+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student mother give birth to baby, What will be baby status??

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi

1. The baby is Canadian.

2. If she has stopped studying, then yes, it can most certainly impact her study permit, as well as her eligibility for a PGWP.

3. Pretty easy to Google.

Thanks sir, My wife is a full time student and she got leave only for 45 Days. As labour was normal and she is fit and healthy. Leave will be managed on departmental level as per university rules upto 4 month leave is managed at department level. It mean there is no need to inform University postgraduate student section and CIC. As far PGWP is concerned, we are not interested in that as my wife is on Govt scholarship from her country funded by her university where she is lecturer and she has to join her job and its mandatory.

In this situation, still there are implications of maintaining visa???

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
What province are you in? Did the hospital staff tell you how and if they are the ones to apply for birth cert?
In BC, when I gave birth the hospital staff gave me a personal health no. and told me I can apply birth cert. online. Which I did, entered the baby’s name, parents names, birth date, hospital address. I assumed that the Vital Statistics Agency can verify with the hospital that I gave birth there or maybe the hospital have online registry as well, and this application can simultaneously apply for the child’s SIN, health card and CCB.
Province is Saskatchewan, and Hospital staff give us a 3 page form to fill that and provide parents detail, health card no, SIN, etc and address etc.

What is the role of Vital State Agency?

What is CCB?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ask the hospital where your wife gave birth if they already applied for the birth certificate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No if she is only taking 45 days off there is no risk to her visa. My apologizes for jumping to conclusions but being on this forum makes you paranoid after a while.

shoberane27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2014, app received per call in cic Oct. 8, 2014, app received per ecas Nov. 19, 2014, February 15, 2015 SA
File Transfer...
March 3, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process April 30, 2015/ DM May 14, 2015/ VOH June 5, 2015
LANDED..........
August 1, 2015
If you are from Saskatchewan mostly likely before you will be discharge the staff will give you papers to fill out. One of it is the birth certificate application after a week or two you will receive the bc in your mailbox. I am from sk as well and just gave birth last year

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
If you are from Saskatchewan mostly likely before you will be discharge the staff will give you papers to fill out. One of it is the birth certificate application after a week or two you will receive the bc in your mailbox. I am from sk as well and just gave birth last year
Thanks for response.

Yes I am from Saskatechwan. I filled a form and then received birth certificate 2 days ago. Please guide what are other fomalities need to be fulfilled for baby documents like SIN, Health Card and Passport??
Does BC give baby the status of citizenship or any other formality is necessary to fullfiled?

dap87

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks sir, My wife is a full time student and she got leave only for 45 Days. As labour was normal and she is fit and healthy. Leave will be managed on departmental level as per university rules upto 4 month leave is managed at department level. It mean there is no need to inform University postgraduate student section and CIC. As far PGWP is concerned, we are not interested in that as my wife is on Govt scholarship from her country funded by her university where she is lecturer and she has to join her job and its mandatory.

In this situation, still there are implications of maintaining visa???
Baby is Canadian, once your wife is not affected in her study then she will be fine. If she is going to extend her permit and she had stopped studying then that can cause some problems.

shoberane27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 7, 2014, app received per call in cic Oct. 8, 2014, app received per ecas Nov. 19, 2014, February 15, 2015 SA
File Transfer...
March 3, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Process April 30, 2015/ DM May 14, 2015/ VOH June 5, 2015
LANDED..........
August 1, 2015
Thanks for response.

Yes I am from Saskatechwan. I filled a form and then received birth certificate 2 days ago. Please guide what are other fomalities need to be fulfilled for baby documents like SIN, Health Card and Passport??
Does BC give baby the status of citizenship or any other formality is necessary to fullfiled?
For the SIN and Health Card, the form should also be included in the form that you filled out in the hospital. For the passport, you should apply it on your own. Instruction is in the website.

Xiena

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, Im a full time (12 months program) international student here in Alberta and I am 6 weeks pregnant; I have an Alberta Health Card. My questions is: how much would it cost me for the check ups with an OB and delivering the baby? Thanks for the response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, Im a full time (12 months program) international student here in Alberta and I am 6 weeks pregnant; I have an Alberta Health Card. My questions is: how much would it cost me for the check ups with an OB and delivering the baby? Thanks for the response.
You have AHCIP, so nothing.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Baby is Canadian, once your wife is not affected in her study then she will be fine. If she is going to extend her permit and she had stopped studying then that can cause some problems.
If she has a absence of leave from her university, and stopped studying for 4 months, and then extended her study permit after that then nothing happens. She had an authorized leave, its not like she dropped from her studies

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hey can u please tell how much it cost for u for delivery as u people dont hv pr???? was tht cover in any insurance???

Imrankhan27

Nov 28, 2017
Hello,
I got admitted in centennial college (toronto)for september intake and am 2 months pregnant now.will deliver my baby there as my due date is on december month.
My question is will my child get Health card?
Because some said that although a child is born Canadian citizen he/she won't benefit any health card as their parents are in visitor visa.
Is visitor visa and student visa same?
Note: I will make my husband as dependent and get open permit for him