+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT INVITING MUM_FUNDS NEEDED

Hephzibah247

Dec 28, 2023
Friends, please help me make a strong application here. I got a letter from the school wellness clinic stating i need some social support and that my mum's presence will be greatly beneficial given that I have three kids (3months to 6 years) to take care of. I just had a baby and resuming school this Jan. Now, my mum is retired, receiving pension and has just 8000 CAD in her acct. She has printed her bank statement but i am not sure if this fund is enough. In my invite letter, i will state food and accommodation will be provided by me. I am not submitting my bank statements as she is fully sponsoring herself but if the funds are not enough, can my husband and i add our statements?

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Friends, please help me make a strong application here. I got a letter from the school wellness clinic stating i need some social support and that my mum's presence will be greatly beneficial given that I have three kids (3months to 6 years) to take care of. I just had a baby and resuming school this Jan. Now, my mum is retired, receiving pension and has just 8000 CAD in her acct. She has printed her bank statement but i am not sure if this fund is enough. In my invite letter, i will state food and accommodation will be provided by me. I am not submitting my bank statements as she is fully sponsoring herself but if the funds are not enough, can my husband and i add our statements?
Sure, you and your husband can add your statements with Declaration of Support Letter attached.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long is her visit? What is social support? Who is looking after the children? She needs to show ties to return. $8k is not a lot if you don’t include airfare.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
In a nutshell it sounds like “ social support “ is just another term for babysitter.
The VO more than likely won’t even look at that letter

That’s illegal work. It’s called a caregiver and people get paid for doing that . It’s your second year here . Who took care of the kids before you decided to have another one while you’re on a student permit ?
This should of been all planned before arriving to go to school when you decided your family could come along as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl