+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Claimed Refugee

Ali565600

Feb 19, 2022
Hello there, I am an international student in Canada. I'm 17 years old, I came here last August. While I believe my refugee claim to be right, I want to ask about some things.
1. Is my study permit already cancelled although I applied only 6 days ago and didn't do my medical test yet?
2. Is it possible to cancel the refugee claim and continue my status in Canada as a student this early in the claim?
3. How would I go about canceling the refugee claim? Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, I am an international student in Canada. I'm 17 years old, I came here last August. While I believe my refugee claim to be right, I want to ask about some things.
1. Is my study permit already cancelled although I applied only 6 days ago and didn't do my medical test yet?
2. Is it possible to cancel the refugee claim and continue my status in Canada as a student this early in the claim?
Did you study during your first semester in the Fall? Are you currently studying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend you post your questions to the Refugee / Asylum section of the forum. Here are the answers to the best of my knowledge.

1. No, your study permit is not cancelled.
2. No, I don't believe this is possible. If you cancel your refugee claim, this will trigger a removal order.
3. See above. I don't believe you can do that unless you are prepared to leave Canada. If you want to remain in Canada, you need to continue with the refugee claim.

Just edited the above to fix "departure order" to "removal order".