+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International nurse applicant

Alienguilas

Mar 7, 2021
Good day, I’m a registered nurse and I want to move to Canada. I applied in the Express Entry but unfortunately I have a very low crs score (a little over 350). I applied for PNP but I’m not putting all my hopes in that. I decided to get my Canadian nursing license to help me find a job. My question is that, do I need to be a PR holder or a Canadian citizen to apply for the college of nursing in any of the province? What else should I while I’m waiting? I’m in the document gathering phase of NNAS and I just need to take an English exam as my IETLS is going to expire in 4 months.

I was told that if I already passed the US-NCLEX, that I’ll have 1 less process to obtain a Canadian nursing license. I thought of writing the New York NCLEX.

In your opinion, should I do a New York NCLEX first then continue with NNAS? Or do NNAS and wait for them to tell me to take the NCLEX?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your citizenship? NNAS takes about a year so not sure what stage you are at. If you are going to have to take NCLEX then you can go ahead. For provincial licensing, you don’t need to be a citizen or PR.

Alienguilas

Mar 7, 2021
What is your citizenship? NNAS takes about a year so not sure what stage you are at. If you are going to have to take NCLEX then you can go ahead. For provincial licensing, you don’t need to be a citizen or PR.
I’m a registered nurse in Philippines and currently working in Bermuda