+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International mobility program

Jeet Trivedi

Jan 2, 2021
Hi friends. Can someone help me with IMP program details. I need to understand the below points

1. LMIA exempted job noc codes - I am having a masters degree in chemical engineering (NOC: 2134) and I have 10 years experience. Am I eligible for IMP program?

Can someone please help and throw some light on the topic?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi friends. Can someone help me with IMP program details. I need to understand the below points

1. LMIA exempted job noc codes - I am having a masters degree in chemical engineering (NOC: 2134) and I have 10 years experience. Am I eligible for IMP program?

Can someone please help and throw some light on the topic?
IMP is for those under a few circumstances like inter company transfer or under trade agreements such as USCMA/NAFTA. So do you have a job offer that meets these conditions. Link to IRCC site.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment/employer-compliance-exemptions.html

Jeet Trivedi

Jan 2, 2021
IMP is for those under a few circumstances like inter company transfer or under trade agreements such as USCMA/NAFTA. So do you have a job offer that meets these conditions. Link to IRCC site.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment/employer-compliance-exemptions.html
Thank you for the quick response. I am from India. I don't think India has any trade agreement with Canada. But there are consultants here which suggest that they can arrange for interviews with Canadian employers and get a WP. I don't know if this reliable. Can you suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the quick response. I am from India. I don't think India has any trade agreement with Canada. But there are consultants here which suggest that they can arrange for interviews with Canadian employers and get a WP. I don't know if this reliable. Can you suggest.
No agreement with India. You aren’t LMIA exempt so be careful when working with consultants as many scam people. Your employer needs a LMIA to prove no Canadain or PR could be hired. Then if employer gets a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. If the job offer is too good to be true - airfare, accommodations, food - it is fake. Not impossible to get a job offer, LMIA and closed work permit but a challenge. Also you are in a licensed profession so keep that in mind.

You should be looking at immigration programs and not work permits if you want to immigrate to Canada.

Jeet Trivedi

Jan 2, 2021
No agreement with India. You aren’t LMIA exempt so be careful when working with consultants as many scam people. Your employer needs a LMIA to prove no Canadain or PR could be hired. Then if employer gets a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. If the job offer is too good to be true - airfare, accommodations, food - it is fake. Not impossible to get a job offer, LMIA and closed work permit but a challenge. Also you are in a licensed profession so keep that in mind.

You should be looking at immigration programs and not work permits if you want to immigrate to Canada.
Thank you my friend. This helps a lot.

Actually I am already in the express entry pool with crs444. I have applied to pnp programs too. I know my field is in high demand but I am still not getting any ITA from any of the province. I am not sure what to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Actually I am already in the express entry pool with crs444. I have applied to pnp programs too. I know my field is in high demand but I am still not getting any ITA from any of the province. I am not sure what to do.
Can you increase your score at all (without relying on a job offer)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

What provinces are you eligible - assume only Alberta.