+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Job Pre Offer

Mirel911

Aug 22, 2020
Hi, i have a question again. Thanks again for the answers on my last subject. Friend of mine have a pre offer for job in Canada. It is not a fraud or scam, he got that with help from his friend in Canada. But the problem is that the company doesnt have a permission from Government to import international workers because of the Covid 19 influence. So this mean that some companies have permission right? And why some are not eligible? I know that higly skilled worker categories like lawyers, doctors ...etc can take a job and enter Canada smoothly. What is with weaker categories like heavy truck drivers, i am asking this because my friend recieved that offer from truck transportation company.
Thank you forwardly,
With respect Imsirovic Mirel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i have a question again. Thanks again for the answers on my last subject. Friend of mine have a pre offer for job in Canada. It is not a fraud or scam, he got that with help from his friend in Canada. But the problem is that the company doesnt have a permission from Government to import international workers because of the Covid 19 influence. So this mean that some companies have permission right? And why some are not eligible? I know that higly skilled worker categories like lawyers, doctors ...etc can take a job and enter Canada smoothly. What is with weaker categories like heavy truck drivers, i am asking this because my friend recieved that offer from truck transportation company.
Thank you forwardly,
With respect Imsirovic Mirel
You have some misconceptions about how things work.

In order for a foreign worker to apply for a work permit, the employer needs to give them a job offer and also get an approved LMIA. Any company can apply for an LMIA if they can make the case that they need to hire foreign workers. Companies don't have permission to bring as many foreign workers as they want. They have to apply for an LMIA for each worker they want to bring to Canada.

Doctors cannot take a job in Canada smoothly. That information is wrong. Doctors need to be re-certified to work in Canada which generally takes many years and many are not successful. Same goes for lawyer. Not easy to come to work in Canada as a foreign trained lawyer. It's actually much much easier for truck drivers.

If the company is serious about hiring foreign workers, they need to go through the LMIA process.

Mirel911

Aug 22, 2020
Thank you very much brother/sister, this is really a helpful information. God bless you and your family.