+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada

Jireh 777

May 16, 2022
Hello,
I have applied and received a port of entry letter eligible for a temporary working permit through the International Experience Canada. I would like to temporarily work in Quebec. Do I need a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before getting through the Border?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have applied and received a port of entry letter eligible for a temporary working permit through the International Experience Canada. I would like to temporarily work in Quebec. Do I need a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before getting through the Border?
No. You have an open work permit.

Reactions: Jireh 777

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
Hello,
Have you applied through IMP or normal and from where you have applied?? Your noc?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IEC is an open work permit for citizens of specific countries/ages. Not IMP. NOC doesn’t matter. Where do you live?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec.html
Not really correct. See the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/international-experience/canadian-interests-reciprocal-employment-international-experience-canada-recognized-organizations-foreign-youth.html

Poster was asking if the OP went through the IMP (i.e. through a designated organization) or normal process.

Also, IECs aren't all open work permits. Only the Working Holiday stream is an open work permit. YP and International Co-Op are employer specific.

Jireh 777

May 16, 2022
Thanks before all the replies . I am now well prepared. I am also looking for a website that provides health insurances for temporary workers especially in Quebec.

Vishal Bhandari&

Apr 2, 2019
My noc code is 2281(Networking Technician) and my employer in Canada wants to submit file under IMP. So please tell me if my job profile suited in IMP??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My noc code is 2281(Networking Technician) and my employer in Canada wants to submit file under IMP. So please tell me if my job profile suited in IMP??
This thread is on IEC and the IMP. Are you applying through IEC? If not, better to ask your questions in another thread.