+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada (IEC) Initiative - Application Process Times?!!

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
YEAH......they really need to sort this out. It is totally ridiculous to expect people to wait this long for a 2nd visa. If you have done it once then there should be a fast track way of applying. Anyways.....all i can do is wait. It's almost 3 weeks since i got confirmation that I can participate and it could take another 3 weeks so we'll see.
They will fix the problem after i get my visa i'm sure of it......oh well...
Good Luck everyone :(

imrankhan1

Feb 19, 2012
imrankhan1 said:
redsquirrel said:
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me!

I submitted an application for the IEC VISA on the 30th January. The post office confirmed it has been delivered on Tuesday 31st January, however, I haven't had a confirmation email yet (13th February).

I assume they are really busy and haven't got to it yet, but mainly I am worried it may be lost and I will have to send another one and will lose valuable time - potentially miss out all together!

I have tried to call but can't get through to a person to check for me. All I want to know is that they have my application, I don't mind if it then takes ages, I just want peace of mind that it has been received safely.

Can anyone share experiences of the process? How long it takes? When you received a confirmation email etc?

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Claudia

YOU SHOULD MAIL THEM TO CONFIRM ABOUT UR APPLICATION .AND THEY TOOK 15 TO 30 DAYS TO INFORM ABOUT RECEIVING OF FILE

This regards your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Federal Skilled
Worker class. The assessment of your application is now complete and based on the information
submitted, you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in this class.
Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign
national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become
economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the IRPA Regulations prescribes the Federal
Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent
residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.
Pursuant to the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants
are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in
subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able
to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s
official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.
Your application was assessed based on the occupations in which you requested assessment:
1122-Professional occupations in business management consulting and 0631-Restaurant and Food
Service Managers. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:
MAXIMUM
POSSIBLE
AGE 10 10
EDUCATION 20 25
FIRST OFFICIAL LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY 6 16
SECOND OFFICIAL LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY 0 8
EXPERIENCE 21 21
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT 0 10
ADAPTABILITY 9 10
TOTAL 66 100
Please note that you were awarded the highest possible units of assessment under the IRPA
Regulations, based on the information that you have submitted. Had you met the current passmark, the
information you have provided would have been subject to further verification. You have not obtained
sufficient points to demonstrate, pursuant to Subsection 75(1) of the IRPA Regulations, your ability to
become economically established in Canada, the minimum requirement currently being 67 points.
Subsection 76(3) of the IRPA Regulations permits an officer to substitute their evaluation of the
likelihood to become economically established in Canada if the number of points awarded are not a
sufficient indicator of whether the skilled worker may become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 76(4) states that such an evaluation requires the concurrence of a second officer. Your case
was considered under this section. Your application however did not contain satisfactory evidence to
support the use of substitution of evaluation. As a result, your application was not forwarded to the
program manager for consideration.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply
to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall
be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible
and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated,
references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, you do not meet the requirements of the Act and
the Regulations for the reasons explained above. Your application has therefore been refused.
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements
to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more
about your options, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.
Yours sincerely,

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
Pl check via CAIPS notes as why you got 9 marks for adp? If it would be 10 then you could had crossed the bridge!

nick23388

May 3, 2012
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice....

I sent the £90 fee 10 days ago and was told I would hear within 6 weeks about my application. The number of places available on the IEC is down to 638 (2/5/12).

Is my application classed as taking up one of these places as my application is nearly at the stage of completion? Or could the number of places run out and my application be rejected?

Any help or advice would be great, thanks in advance!

ALMSH

May 3, 2012
Hi Becky2012,

What's your latest update, can you please share? It can help others like me who have applied after you to workout timings.

thanks

SimonJones

May 19, 2012
Hi guys,

Another opinion needed i'm afraid - if only to reassure me :(

I applied for an IEC Visa on 12th April and to date 19th May have heard absolutely nada - no acknowledgement or anything.

Have been to Canada before on gap year placement a few years back so they know who I am and have no 'accidents or convictions'

What's worrying me is that as of today the Can website is saying places are down to 144 :'(

Does anyone have an opinion or guess as to whether I will make it :-\

Life is on hold while I wait for the bureaucracy to catch up. Why is it so difficult compared to other countries......

Thanks
Simon

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hey Simon

I applied at the end of January and my application is in the 2nd stage of process only, and I am unlikely to get a place now ;s Considering the 3 month gap between us I would have thought yours was still in the first stage. I wish everyone could get it but it seems this year they went so fast.