+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada-Changes for 2015.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
hope for the best said:
Hi
My employer is looking for qualified person who likes to apply for "Young Professionals" under International Experience Canada in 2015, and they are willing to provide the employment contract for you to apply for Young Professionals under IEC. However you must never apply IEC before and your country must be one of those countries which has IEC agreement with Canada.

Moreover you also need to be either have at least one year of relevant working experience or hold a degree in Food & Beverage industry.

If you are not sure your country has IEC agreement or not and also want to find out more about Young Professionals then please click on this site, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/

If you are the right person and a good worker then before your one year end that my employer is willing to help you to apply for LMIA so you can continue working in Canada afterward.

Something about us, we are a chain pizza shop in a small town in Alberta and the main job duties are making pizza, take orders, food preparation, and able to lift about 25lb. And of course you must be able to communicate in English.

PS: Right now we don't have any extra LMIA on hand so if you are looking for LMIA only then please don't leave any comment here. We want someone who is able to apply for YOUNG PROFESSIONALS under IEC for this year then my employer will help to apply for LMIA in 2016 if they think you are a good employee to keep. THANK YOU
To be eligible for YP job description needs to be NOC 0, A or B, this sounds like noc D.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jansnarski said:
Hey pziegler1986,

Sorry have not been on here in a while , SO i spoke with both SWAP and IEP and both told me I was not eligible for IEC again. It felt like a loophole for a second and would have been perfect. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The changes have been a massive blow to a lot of people, A little bit of warning would have been nice ay???
Hmmmm...very interesting, what was the point of that sentence? I mean, you read it and it sounds as clear as day as though any participation through a registered organisation is excluded from the 'frequency of participations'. Who exactly did you speak to? An agent? I spoke to an IEP agent last week and from what I was told, they didn't seem to be 100% in the loop themselves.

Don't doubt what you were told...it's just frustrating that there really isn't any official word on this as of yet. I'll contact them again to see if they have any updated information.

jblinco86

Feb 3, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
Hmmmm...very interesting, what was the point of that sentence? I mean, you read it and it sounds as clear as day as though any participation through a registered organisation is excluded from the 'frequency of participations'. Who exactly did you speak to? An agent? I spoke to an IEP agent last week and from what I was told, they didn't seem to be 100% in the loop themselves.

Don't doubt what you were told...it's just frustrating that there really isn't any official word on this as of yet. I'll contact them again to see if they have any updated information.
Let me know what they say mate. I am in the same boat and have not been able to get a definitive answer on anything.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Who are you guys getting in contact with for answers? I'm looking to find out if Aussies are entitled to a second stint in the IEC if they're already over here on the their first. I've tried the sydney office and tried CIC and can't get a solid answer from anyone.

jblinco86

Feb 3, 2015
Fenster said:
Who are you guys getting in contact with for answers? I'm looking to find out if Aussies are entitled to a second stint in the IEC if they're already over here on the their first. I've tried the sydney office and tried CIC and can't get a solid answer from anyone.
I tried both of those avenues as well. The Sydney office advised they couldn't help me - so I called CIC and they said they couldn't help me. I have submitted two enquiries on the CIC website for IEC but have not received any response yet.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
jblinco86 said:
I tried both of those avenues as well. The Sydney office advised they couldn't help me - so I called CIC and they said they couldn't help me. I have submitted two enquiries on the CIC website for IEC but have not received any response yet.
Yeah I'm beginning to think it's going to be one of those things where we'll just have to wait and see what happens when they open the program

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fenster said:
Yeah I'm beginning to think it's going to be one of those things where we'll just have to wait and see what happens when they open the program
Which quite frankly, isn't good enough! People need to know whether they can extend work contracts, amongst a whole myriad of other issues

jblinco86

Feb 3, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
Which quite frankly, isn't good enough! People need to know whether they can extend work contracts, amongst a whole myriad of other issues
Agreed. That is embarrassing that they cannot even give anyone a clear answer.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
jblinco86 said:
Agreed. That is embarrassing that they cannot even give anyone a clear answer.
Totally agree with you guys. It's a huge pain for people waiting around for an answer and it could certainly be more efficient. My only advice for you is to sit tight, keep busy and try not to think about it too much.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just spoke to IEP Australia on the phone and the agent told me that their understanding is (from recent discussions with the Consulate) that we will be able to do the WHP twice in our lives provided that we meet the eligibility requirements.

Still couldn't really get a definitive answer, the bilateral agreements posted up by CIC on 30 January indicates x2 IEC participations (x1 WHP/YP; x1 Co-op)...if we go by the Bilateral agreement with Australia, you clearly can only do WHP once...The uncertainty is very frustrating.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
pziegler1986 said:
I just spoke to IEP Australia on the phone and the agent told me that their understanding is (from recent discussions with the Consulate) that we will be able to do the WHP twice in our lives provided that we meet the eligibility requirements.

Still couldn't really get a definitive answer, the bilateral agreements posted up by CIC on 30 January indicates x2 IEC participations (x1 WHP/YP; x1 Co-op)...if we go by the Bilateral agreement with Australia, you clearly can only do WHP once...The uncertainty is very frustrating.
Interesting......like I said, we can only just wait and see. I'd be interested to know how much info the agents themselves are privy to. How did you manage to get an answer out of them if you don't mind me asking? Did they not just tell you to hang up once you started asking about the IEC programme?

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fenster said:
Interesting......like I said, we can only just wait and see. I'd be interested to know how much info the agents themselves are privy to. How did you manage to get an answer out of them if you don't mind me asking? Did they not just tell you to hang up once you started asking about the IEC programme?
I spoke to IEP Australia, which is an affiliate of SWAP Working Holidays - it's their business to inform potential clients about the WHP.

jansnarski

Jan 14, 2015
I agree with everything everyone is saying.

The rules were changed on SWAP and IEP also, so they know about as much as us. When it opens up you will have to re do the Kompas account so you will now right away if you eligible as i remember having to put in how many times i have had the visa before..

It is pretty crazy to have no notice at all for such a life altering change but hey, who ever said stay busy and don't think about it is right, we are at mercy to the system.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
jansnarski said:
I agree with everything everyone is saying.

The rules were changed on SWAP and IEP also, so they know about as much as us. When it opens up you will have to re do the Kompas account so you will now right away if you eligible as i remember having to put in how many times i have had the visa before..

It is pretty crazy to have no notice at all for such a life altering change but hey, who ever said stay busy and don't think about it is right, we are at mercy to the system.
Updated now. Aussies who've had a WHV before 2015 can apply for one more final visa. Delighted with that!!!