+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International education stream - Help!!

flaviopst

May 29, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hi people,

Does someone here ever applied for MPNP through their new "international education stream"?

I've recently graduated in Manitoba, Winnipeg and I attend all the requirements for this stream. I've received my LAA (Letter of Advice to Apply) and I am submitting all the documents. However, I have couple questions that I am finding some difficult to get answers from MPNP.

So, if you got your nomination through this stream, help me here, please!!

flaviopst

May 29, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
What is the question?
Hi,

Glad you answer my post. My first question is actually in the "eligibility part", the question that I should answer "Yes" for this stream is the following one?

"As an international student graduate of a Manitoba post-secondary school I have been working in Manitoba for at least six months continuously for the same employer who has offered me a full-time, long-term job"

The second question that I have is in the "employment" section, I've been working for the same company one year as a part-time associate, now that I graduated, they offered me a full-time position. When I insert the position I am working now as full-time (almost one month), they say is not matching the first question I answered "Yes", because I said I have been working six months continuously, so my question is, how should I fill up this employment section.

Not sure If I was clear with my concerns, but this stream was just launched here in Manitoba and I am not getting enough help, and attention, to submit my application. :(

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I believe the answer to your first question should be "No" since you were working part-time while you were studying.

The eligibility requirements only ask for a job offer from an eligible employer and that you graduated from a designated post-secondary institution and got the offer. It doesn't say that you need to be working at the time of application.

You must have a full-time job offer from an eligible current employer, with a minimum 1-year contract on Manitoba’s published In-Demand Occupations list that are consistent with your completed training.

As long as you meet that requirement (along with the CLB 7 and education requirement), you should be good.

What happens if you say "No" to the first question?

flaviopst

May 29, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I believe the answer to your first question should be "No" since you were working part-time while you were studying.

The eligibility requirements only ask for a job offer from an eligible employer and that you graduated from a designated post-secondary institution and got the offer. It doesn't say that you need to be working at the time of application.

You must have a full-time job offer from an eligible current employer, with a minimum 1-year contract on Manitoba’s published In-Demand Occupations list that are consistent with your completed training.

As long as you meet that requirement (along with the CLB 7 and education requirement), you should be good.

What happens if you say "No" to the first question?
You were right, they requested me to answer "no" and fill a different form under the question below:
I am a skilled worker who is not employed in Manitoba but who has the education, experience, language ability, adaptability and other factors to have a self-assessment score sufficient to apply. (Select your score from the MPNP Self-assessment Worksheet from the dropdown below.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You were right, they requested me to answer "no" and fill a different form under the question below:
I am a skilled worker who is not employed in Manitoba but who has the education, experience, language ability, adaptability and other factors to have a self-assessment score sufficient to apply. (Select your score from the MPNP Self-assessment Worksheet from the dropdown below.
Thanks for updating the thread. This will help other people if they have the same problem.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
Hi!

For Factor 5:Adaptability , can you sum the points, or you just have to choose the highest scoring one? For example if I have friend and I completed post-secondary education, cand I sum 10+12 or it should be only 12?

flaviopst

May 29, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hi!

For Factor 5:Adaptability , can you sum the points, or you just have to choose the highest scoring one? For example if I have friend and I completed post-secondary education, cand I sum 10+12 or it should be only 12?
Not sure, this is the only section where you are able to add more points, so trick.

In my case, I added my points through the education rather than a friend, since is 2 points more.

But you can send an email to them, they will clarify for sure.

AliMay

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Not sure, this is the only section where you are able to add more points, so trick.

In my case, I added my points through the education rather than a friend, since is 2 points more.

But you can send an email to them, they will clarify for sure.

Hi can you update/share how did you answer the question? I'm having such a hard time to fill out the questionnaire. Thanks

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi, I have a question for BCPNP. I just got a new job 1 week ago and I plan to apply for BCPNP. In the employer requirement form, there is one tricky question in this form is - "Explain why the recruitment effort was unsuccessful in hiring a Canadian worker?" - It sounds like a big legal thing. Anyone has any suggestions to handle the answer to this question? How can I ask my new employer about this? Since I am very new to this job, I am nervous and scared to ask for this. Please advise!