+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interim Work Authorization Letter

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Reactions: bevangel

bashadavid

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Per IRCC website, interim work authorization should be obtained within 10 business days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/visitor-work-permits.html#toc3

Any recent data points on how long it took for you to receive it? My friend says he has not received for over five weeks...

Please help.
I think it is 30 business days, as stated on the link.

Zara21

Jul 9, 2022
Who is eligible for a work authorization?
I am applying for spousal open work permitinside Canada, I am quitting my studies and would like to start working ASAP. Can I get a work authorization and start working before getting my work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Who is eligible for a work authorization?
I am applying for spousal open work permitinside Canada, I am quitting my studies and would like to start working ASAP. Can I get a work authorization and start working before getting my work permit?
You need to apply for a SOWP. What is your spouse's permit? Is your spouse in a skilled job with at least 3 paystubs and employment letter? When did you get married if spouse is on a work permit.

You cannot get "work authorization" and work before you are approved. So ASAP is not going to happen. Expect about 5 months to process.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You need to apply for a SOWP. What is your spouse's permit? Is your spouse in a skilled job with at least 3 paystubs and employment letter? When did you get married if spouse is on a work permit.

You cannot get "work authorization" and work before you are approved. So ASAP is not going to happen. Expect about 5 months to process.
1. Should note that if the OP's spouse got his/her SOWP on the basis of his/her study permit, then not eligible for a spousal work permit.

Reactions: Naturgrl

ar.armeet

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Canada
Hello guys,
I have not received any email from IRCC in August that I am eligible to work till May 31, 2023.
I did receive the email that I might be eligible for Interim Work Authorization.
Please suggest what should I do? Should I contact IRCC or apply for apply for Work permit extension.

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hi, my work permit expired on October 4th, 2022. However, I received a letter on August 08th, 2022 that my work permit has been extended for 18 months and that I do not have to do anything and will be sent in the mail. But I haven’t received anything so far and my the public policy is ending on December 31st, 2022. Please advise if anyone is in a similar situation and should I apply to restore and extend my work permit.