+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interim Canada visit between landing & final move - goods to follow

atz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I finished my PR landing and got my PR card about a year back. I live in USA currently and preparing to move to Canada in a month.

I wanted to know if I need to visit Canada once (start of December) using my PR card before my final move (end of december), will my interim visit be considered a final move and thus void my good to follow if I do not carry my goods with me during this interim visit or am I allowed to carry my goods custom free during my final move at the end of December.

Thanks..

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
No. It won't be considered a final move. I landed last year as well around this time returned to US after a couple of days. I went to Toronto in March / April for couple of days again by car. They just let me in. The border security officer asked me where am I living and what am I doing? I said, I live / work in US and going to Toronto for so and so purposes ...

He asked me, Are you moving permanently and dropping any things off at this time. I said no and I am not moving at this time it will just be a short stay. He just let me go - no problem.