+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interesting take on CRS points lowering.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC spokesperson says CRS points requirement likely to go down over time At the 23rd Annual Immigration Law Summit held earlier this month in Toronto, Ontario, a spokesperson for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) made some notable comments about the past, present, and future of draws made from the Express Entry pool. The main takeaway, however, is that the CRS point requirement for Express Entry draws is likely to go down. Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. This was first disclosed in a mid-year CIC report that was released in August, and was reiterated this month at the Immigration Law Summit. In addition, the spokesperson said that the first few Express Entry draws had a relatively high CRS point requirement because of pent-up demand from candidates who already had job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). These candidates benefited from a 600-point bonus under the CRS and received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in one of the earlier draws. This information is backed by the mid-year CIC report, which disclosed that most early recipients of an ITA were already working in Canada on LMIA-supported work permits. Once the bulk of those candidates had received ITAs, the minimum CRS point requirement in order to receive an ITA dipped sharply to 453 by the end of March, and 450 by the 17th and 18th draws, which were held on September 18and October 2, respectively. With the exception of one draw in May, each draw since February has seen a portion of candidates without a job offer or provincial nomination certificate receive ITAs. More recently, however, the CRS points requirement has increased. The CIC spokesperson stated that this is largely due to the fact that many provinces did not open their Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams, through which successful candidates may obtain an additional 600 CRS points, until months after the system was launched. As a result, there has been a rush of PNP certificates being issued to proactive candidates in the Express Entry pool. This has had the effect of increasing the number of candidates who have received an additional 600 CRS points. With both an LMIA rush and a PNP rush out of the way — together with the 2014 backlog being cleared and CIC having previously stated that “Express Entry will become the main source of applications to meet annual immigration levels targets” — CIC has said that it expects the CRS requirement for Express Entry draws to drop over time. - See more at: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html#sthash.FAwkCZpC.dpuf

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Well, that brings some hope for 2016. However, given the exponential distribution of applicants in the queue, I would say that there is a fat chance that the CRS requirement will never go lower than 400 even in 2016.

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks - this is a good and enlightening post for candidates like me who are having points below 400 and waiting for draws with lower points.
Can you suggest some tips to increase my points.
Also, it will be helpful if you people can guide me for OINP stepwise process.

Wishes - Abhi.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
abhishekdsharma said:
Thanks - this is a good and enlightening post for candidates like me who are having points below 400 and waiting for draws with lower points.
Can you suggest some tips to increase my points.
Also, it will be helpful if you people can guide me for OINP stepwise process.

Wishes - Abhi.
For now, the points are not expected to go under CRS 400 in the near future- by which I mean for the coming year, at the very least. The way Express Entry is structured statistically puts a certain floor on how low the scores can go. below 400 may not happen for a while.
The best thing to do is to raise your CRS. There are multiple ways to do so, but the easiest one, and the one that nets you most points right off the bat, is to raise your language scores. If you can take the IELTS again and score an 8 or higher in all four categories, you will end up with the highest band scores in the EE system, which would lead to a substantial point boost for you. If you are anywhere near 400 points, it will push you over it as well.

OINP's application process needs the following things:

1. Make an Express Entry profile; this Express Entry profile must be an eligible profile (the system will tell you if it is not, so don't worry about this part)
2. When you are asked the question about where in Canada you would like to live while making your profile, make sure to check either Ontario or all of the above
3. You must have a CRS of over 400 for Ontario to consider you for OINP. Ontario does not send out ITAs unless your CRS is over the threshold of 400 points.
4. If your CRS is over 400 points, wait until you get a letter of interest from Ontario in your EE profile.
5. Once you receive this, go to the OINP website, download the application form and the application guide.
6. Fill the application form according to instructions in the guide. Attach the supporting documents requested, and also the $1500 CAD application fee.
7. Send this application to Ontario by mail. Make sure it is sent within 45 days from when you got the notification of interest.
8. Once Ontario gets your application, then spend about 45 days to issue an Acknowledgement of Receipt, and then a further 60 days to process it. At the end of this period, if your profile is suitable, you will be issued a nomination.
9. Accept the nomination, which gets you another 600 points added to your CRS.

I hope this post was helpful.

topwira

Jan 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
For now, the points are not expected to go under CRS 400 in the near future- by which I mean for the coming year, at the very least. The way Express Entry is structured statistically puts a certain floor on how low the scores can go. below 400 may not happen for a while.
The best thing to do is to raise your CRS. There are multiple ways to do so, but the easiest one, and the one that nets you most points right off the bat, is to raise your language scores. If you can take the IELTS again and score an 8 or higher in all four categories, you will end up with the highest band scores in the EE system, which would lead to a substantial point boost for you. If you are anywhere near 400 points, it will push you over it as well.

OINP's application process needs the following things:

1. Make an Express Entry profile; this Express Entry profile must be an eligible profile (the system will tell you if it is not, so don't worry about this part)
2. When you are asked the question about where in Canada you would like to live while making your profile, make sure to check either Ontario or all of the above
3. You must have a CRS of over 400 for Ontario to consider you for OINP. Ontario does not send out ITAs unless your CRS is over the threshold of 400 points.
4. If your CRS is over 400 points, wait until you get a letter of interest from Ontario in your EE profile.
5. Once you receive this, go to the OINP website, download the application form and the application guide.
6. Fill the application form according to instructions in the guide. Attach the supporting documents requested, and also the $1500 CAD application fee.
7. Send this application to Ontario by mail. Make sure it is sent within 45 days from when you got the notification of interest.
8. Once Ontario gets your application, then spend about 45 days to issue an Acknowledgement of Receipt, and then a further 60 days to process it. At the end of this period, if your profile is suitable, you will be issued a nomination.
9. Accept the nomination, which gets you another 600 points added to your CRS.

I hope this post was helpful.
So do you mean that if I put or ticked many province including ontario, I will not get chance of PT from Ontario?

"2. When you are asked the question about where in Canada you would like to live while making your profile, make sure to check either Ontario or all of the above"