Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Very interesting read
http://www.canada.com/Federal+government+pulls+pathway+immigration+from+under+foreign+workers+labour/9157424/story.html

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
I'm really surprised to have seen my NOC (1311) become "unskilled" considering I have a great deal of accounting knowledge and how much work I've put into the company files I operate, it's a nice kick in the teeth considering how much I've learned, etc.

I hope it doesn't affect the applications already in process.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
"...it's a byproduct of the accelerated labour market opinion process that allowed Tim Hortons outlets in booming Alberta to hire doughnut pushers under the guise that they were managers."

I don't know what to say. If people are going to misuse the system, sooner or later the system is going to blow on people's face.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
TheAwesomeMatt said:
I'm really surprised to have seen my NOC (1311) become "unskilled" considering I have a great deal of accounting knowledge and how much work I've put into the company files I operate, it's a nice kick in the teeth considering how much I've learned, etc.

I hope it doesn't affect the applications already in process.
A lot of people didn't see it coming, but technically the six disqualified occupations are not 'unskilled', just ones where they have enough applications to meet the labour demand.

Applications made before the change was announced are not affected - don't worry.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
There is absolutely no way they are going to reach 12000 cap. That's for sure. In 2012 they barely reached 5,500 which was their record amount.
The only effect is that 200 sub cap might be reached very early for some popular jobs so timing is crucial.
I am also very sure that barring cooking, lawyers and immigrants are going to find another way to bypass this 6 not allowed list. Consequence of this would be that it's gonna put pressure on 'similar' eligible jobs.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
aamro1992,if you double check you will find that CEC quota for 2012 was higher then 5500.
with the reduced experience criteria from two to one year the number of applications have grown faster then expected due to the large number of the foreign workers admitted into the country in the last few years.
cic knows how many applications they have in inventory so that's how they estimate their quota,please that 15000 include dependent spouses,common-laws and childrens not just principal applicants.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamro1992 said:
There is absolutely no way they are going to reach 12000 cap. That's for sure. In 2012 they barely reached 5,500 which was their record amount.
The only effect is that 200 sub cap might be reached very early for some popular jobs so timing is crucial.
I am also very sure that barring cooking, lawyers and immigrants are going to find another way to bypass this 6 not allowed list. Consequence of this would be that it's gonna put pressure on 'similar' eligible jobs.
Did it cross somebody's mind that they don't want to reach 12000 cap? There is a lot of difference between what is said and what's meant...Canada does want to limit and reduce immigrants intake and doing everything it can to accomplish this goal. Limiting CEC applications is just another way of doing so.
By cancelling 6 eligible NOC's which contribute the maximum number of applicants and limiting others they make sure the number of applications will be low enough.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
Did it cross somebody's mind that they don't want to reach 12000 cap? There is a lot of difference between what is said and what's meant...Canada does want to limit and reduce immigrants intake and doing everything it can to accomplish this goal. Limiting CEC applications is just another way of doing so.
By cancelling 6 eligible NOC's which contribute the maximum number of applicants and limiting others they make sure the number of applications will be low enough.
and for those who still have any doubts - it started already a year or so ago with "improving" processing of FSW applications and "reducing" the backlog of FSW by simply returning 150K applications filed before 2008. Now it is turn to "improve" and "reduce" backlog of CEC applications by introducing caps and ineligible NOC codes.
I actually have an extremely efficient proposal for the immigration minister to reduce the backlog to 0 by simply stop accepting any applications at all. No backlog, processing times extremely fast too (0h)...
all their publications and justifications are just a joke, you need to learn to read in between the lines.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
and for those who still have any doubts - it started already a year or so ago with "improving" processing of FSW applications and "reducing" the backlog of FSW by simply returning 150K applications filed before 2008. Now it is turn to "improve" and "reduce" backlog of CEC applications by introducing caps and ineligible NOC codes.
I actually have an extremely efficient proposal for the immigration minister to reduce the backlog to 0 by simply stop accepting any applications at all. No backlog, processing times extremely fast too (0h)...
all their publications and justifications are just a joke, you need to learn to read in between the lines.
One thing which we all seem to forget - immigration is NOT our right, it is a privilege. I agree that many of us have worked our butts off and have sacrificed a lot but, it is still within the country's right to pick and choose the people it will allow to immigrate. I am not condoning this action, just stating that it is not wrong for them to choose.

Gooner14

Nov 13, 2013
Hopefulagain said:
One thing which we all seem to forget - immigration is NOT our right, it is a privilege. I agree that many of us have worked our butts off and have sacrificed a lot but, it is still within the country's right to pick and choose the people it will allow to immigrate. I am not condoning this action, just stating that it is not wrong for them to choose.
I agree that immigration is a privilege, but it's hurtful watching a friend/acquaintance get it via the investor program (wealthy parents) and him saying he's "only here for the passport".

Whereas, someone like me has paid almost $60K in international fees, working a steady job, paying taxes, abiding laws and actually grateful and appreciative for what this country has to offer no longer has an option. I'm sure I'm not the only person in a this situation.

Hate to show self-pity, but seriously, even a 7-day window would have been something to work with. Life lesson learned I suppose.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
aamro1992 said:
They reached 9000 in 2012

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gooner14 said:
I agree that immigration is a privilege, but it's hurtful watching a friend/acquaintance get it via the investor program (wealthy parents) and him saying he's "only here for the passport".

Whereas, someone like me has paid almost $60K in international fees, working a steady job, paying taxes, abiding laws and actually grateful and appreciative for what this country has to offer no longer has an option. I'm sure I'm not the only person in a this situation.

Hate to show self-pity, but seriously, even a 7-day window would have been something to work with. Life lesson learned I suppose.
COMPLETELY agree with you that its unfair. In fact, I believe that if people do not intend to stay in the country they had immigrated to....whatever their reason might be - they should not be allowed to renew their PR. They can reapply but not renew. I am one of those people who had to pay through my nose in international student fee and people I knew who came in through marriage would gloat over how little they had to pay and what a fool I was. Was it unfair....DEFINITELY.

But immigration is not about an individual. It is about the country as a whole. Maybe Canada now feels that it needs to only let certain professions in or more specifically Canada feels that for the time being we have too many of certain profession. Letting more in would be unfair to all those that are already here working in that profession. So they put a clamp on it. The investor program is VERY unfair but lets face it, its a money making program. If people have that much money, well....good for them for being born in a well-to-do family. But, I feel that all immigration streams should have similar requirements - esp for language and criminal verification. That when I think it starts getting unfair - people with lots of money do not need to know a word of english/french or people can bring their families here who do not speak a word of either national language.

We have to remember that any rule that comes in place is ALWAYS unfair to somebody

Gooner14

Nov 13, 2013
Hopefulagain said:
COMPLETELY agree with you that its unfair. In fact, I believe that if people do not intend to stay in the country they had immigrated to....whatever their reason might be - they should not be allowed to renew their PR. They can reapply but not renew. I am one of those people who had to pay through my nose in international student fee and people I knew who came in through marriage would gloat over how little they had to pay and what a fool I was. Was it unfair....DEFINITELY.

But immigration is not about an individual. It is about the country as a whole. Maybe Canada now feels that it needs to only let certain professions in or more specifically Canada feels that for the time being we have too many of certain profession. Letting more in would be unfair to all those that are already here working in that profession. So they put a clamp on it. The investor program is VERY unfair but lets face it, its a money making program. If people have that much money, well....good for them for being born in a well-to-do family. But, I feel that all immigration streams should have similar requirements - esp for language and criminal verification. That when I think it starts getting unfair - people with lots of money do not need to know a word of english/french or people can bring their families here who do not speak a word of either national language.

We have to remember that any rule that comes in place is ALWAYS unfair to somebody
Fair point, however, all it would take is "Until December 2013, we will still consider applicants who have recently completed a year or are on the verge of completing a year's work experience in job fields affected by the new CEC changes".

Wishful thinking I guess.

I'm going to bite the bullet and apply under "NOC 1222 - Executive Assistant" and pray for a positive outcome.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Goober I hear you! So sad that people who really wish to add to Canada and not TAKE have such difficulty making their way through all the hoops. Good luck.