+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interested in study permit for canada

Mellyhead123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
I was wondering if anybody could help me. I'm currrntly trying o get PR and I am panicking that my education will get me no points from the Uk (I've been having mixed information from various forums about this) so I am looking at another route to stay in the country as my boyfriend is Canadian and he cannot sponsor me as of yet.

I am currently waiting for my education credentials to be assessed and I was wondering how I would go about getting a study permit. Does anybody know what education credentials I need from the UK in order to study here? Would they have to be assessed by WES alike for immigration?

Also if you get a study permit, are you allowed to also work?

MrConfused

May 21, 2016
U K
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS / Transferred To London UK For Final Stage
NOC Code......
I Have Multiple NOC Codes
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27 August 2018
Doc's Request.
Bio metrics 14 January 2019 / Done 21 January 2019
Nomination.....
AIPP
AOR Received.
04 October 2018
IELTS Request
put in with application
File Transfer...
London UK 18 March 2019 For Final Stage
Med's Request
22 February 2019
Med's Done....
04 March 2019/Med's passed 07 March 2019
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
18 March 2019
VISA ISSUED...
28 March 2019
LANDED..........
Soon :-)
Hi, I would say it depends on your qualifications. My wife had her credentials assessed by ICAS (we didn't use WES so not sure on them) as she had a job offer. She had to get her credentials assessed to become registered as an early childhood educator, as they are regulated in Canada like nurses are in the UK and have to be registered every year. Her credentials were UK NVQ 2 & 3 in early childhood education and came back as worth nothing in Canada, even though she is a deputy manager and has done the job for over 10 years in the UK. She is currently trying to get a study permit for Canada, we had three refusals last year and are re-applying in February. I would suggest researching this forum and the internet alot. You must write a very strong purpose of study/sop the two hardest things to prove, are that you are a bona fide student and ties to home country, and that you will return after finishing your study program. I know you want your PR but you cant say that going on a study permit, its silly telling the truth gets you nowhere. Your intention must be to improve your education and leave Canada hence bona fide student. I know its silly since 95% of students never come back and get PR in Canada, I was advised recently that paying your first semester or years fees in advance for college or uni dramatically helps prove your are a bona fide student. Good luck ;D

Mellyhead123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Thank you for your response :)

I have an NVQ level 2 in hair dressing and I am hoping it is recognized over here as it was with a hair school called City and Guilds.

Unfortunately the reason for my study WOULD be so I could stay in the country and eventually get PR, however I wouldn't state that in my application.

What education assessor do you recommend I get my credentials assessed with? I've heard mixed responses.

MrConfused

May 21, 2016
U K
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS / Transferred To London UK For Final Stage
NOC Code......
I Have Multiple NOC Codes
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27 August 2018
Doc's Request.
Bio metrics 14 January 2019 / Done 21 January 2019
Nomination.....
AIPP
AOR Received.
04 October 2018
IELTS Request
put in with application
File Transfer...
London UK 18 March 2019 For Final Stage
Med's Request
22 February 2019
Med's Done....
04 March 2019/Med's passed 07 March 2019
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
18 March 2019
VISA ISSUED...
28 March 2019
LANDED..........
Soon :-)
Hi, my wife's qualifications are from city and guilds as well. I can't say as we only used ICAS, I believe wes is quicker at about four weeks or so. ICAS took seven months for us and got us nowhere. From our experience I wouldn't use ICAS again. I would ask on here for other opinions and maybe do a google search to see what others say.