+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interchanged name ( given name & surname ) in CAQ application

tieuphu1998

May 2, 2017
Hello all,

I badly need help for my situation.

In every document of mine ( Diploma, certificate, IELTS result, Letter of Acceptance ), my name is The Kien ( first name ) Nguyen ( last name ). My CAQ application asked me to provide my name which is similar to my Passport; however, my passport only shows my full name and my code (VNMNguyen<<The<<Kien) rather than separate it into family and given name. I thought the code was printed into Vietnamese style ( family name << first name ) rather than international style ( first name << family name ) AND this led to my EXTREMELY STUPID IDEA. I registered my name reversely in CAQ application. After submitting everything including mailing declaration to CAQ office in Montreal, I found out that every passport / VISA code is similar to mine. As a result, my name in CAQ application: Nguyen ( as first name ) and The Kien ( as family name ) would be wrong.

I am so worried about this problem, can anyone tell me whether it was possible for changing my name in CAQ application ?? And what should I do now ?

I tried to contact CAQ office by their telephone number provided on website, however, answering machine spoke French instead of English ( I completely fail to understood its instruction ).

tieuphu1998

May 2, 2017
Hi palletirajesh,

1. Yes, I did solve my problem.

2. What did I do?
i. Call the Quebec immigration office: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html
ii. Press 9 for English ! (This is only mention at the end of the call after 3 minutes in French )
iii. Explain your problem and the staff will help. In my case, she left a note in my online file (you will not be able to see this) so that the officers will notice when they consult it.

I hope this help ! Don't be panic if you are in the same situation because I was badly panic.

Bhavvyya

May 7, 2018
Hi,

I need some help urgently. In my CAQ application i gave my first name correctly however I gave my last name as full name instead of just the family name.
Can I correct it now ?? I have not mailed the documents to Quebec ministry yet.

Please suggest.

Thanks

sampada1020

Feb 24, 2020
Hi palletirajesh,

1. Yes, I did solve my problem.

2. What did I do?
i. Call the Quebec immigration office: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html
ii. Press 9 for English ! (This is only mention at the end of the call after 3 minutes in French )
iii. Explain your problem and the staff will help. In my case, she left a note in my online file (you will not be able to see this) so that the officers will notice when they consult it.

I hope this help ! Don't be panic if you are in the same situation because I was badly panic.
Hi,
Thanks for the detailed explanation. They have added a note to my CAQ. But, I've already received the hard copy of the CAQ. Should I go ahead for my Visa appointment with the CAQ with the wrong name? or it'll hurt my application? Please help! :(

Thanks,
Sampada

dummyforevery

Nov 24, 2021
Hello all,

In every document of mine ( Diploma, certificate, IELTS result, Letter of Acceptance ), my name is The Kien ( first name ) Nguyen ( last name ). My CAQ application asked me to provide my name which is similar to my Passport; however, my passport only shows my full name and my code (VNMNguyen<<The<<Kien) rather than separate it into family and given name. I thought the code was printed into Vietnamese style ( family name << first name ) rather than international style ( first name << family name ) AND this led to my EXTREMELY STUPID IDEA. I registered my name reversely in CAQ application. After submitting everything including mailing declaration to CAQ office in Montreal, I found out that every passport / VISA code is similar to mine. As a result, my name in CAQ application: Nguyen ( as first name ) and The Kien ( as family name ) would be wrong.

I am so worried about this problem, can anyone tell me whether it was possible for changing my name in CAQ application ?? And what should I do now ?

I tried to contact CAQ office by their telephone number provided on website, however, answering machine spoke French instead of English ( I completely fail to understood its instruction ).

So did they make the changes as per your request? Please let me know I've made a quite similar mistake

mustaqeem101

Mar 31, 2022
Hello all,

hello, i would like to know if you got your visa with this. did it hamper of affect you by any chance? please let me know

mustaqeem101

Mar 31, 2022
Hi,
Thanks for the detailed explanation. They have added a note to my CAQ. But, I've already received the hard copy of the CAQ. Should I go ahead for my Visa appointment with the CAQ with the wrong name? or it'll hurt my application? Please help! :(

Thanks,
Sampada
hello, did you go ahead with it? if so, did it cause you any trouble later on?