+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inter company transfer working in another city

Swishybrit

Jun 27, 2022
Hey,

Got my company to agree to organise an inter company transfer. Originally we had agreed with my business that I would live in Ottawa to be close to some clients then commute to the office in Toronto when needed.

However, HR just told me that they don’t think this is possible as the only office in Ontario is in Toronto. They are trying to work this out through the immigration consultants but this is taking a while.

has anybody had success with working remotely on a ITC? Or at least semi remote, with the aim of going to the office every couple of weeks etc?

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey,

Got my company to agree to organise an inter company transfer. Originally we had agreed with my business that I would live in Ottawa to be close to some clients then commute to the office in Toronto when needed.

However, HR just told me that they don’t think this is possible as the only office in Ontario is in Toronto. They are trying to work this out through the immigration consultants but this is taking a while.

has anybody had success with working remotely on a ITC? Or at least semi remote, with the aim of going to the office every couple of weeks etc?

thanks
To justify ICT you should have to be in the same city as the Canadian offices or remote work could be possible from your home country of short business trips to visit client in different cities would be an option if necessary. The location of the Canadian office will be started on your ICT.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I heard the same, ICT is location specified location as per your application. I heard they do visit sometime to check physical presence in office.