+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to seek asylum of abusive husband from south africa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you currently able to work? Doesn't you ex know where you work? I would perhaps speak to management about the possibility of a transfer depending on your role in the company and whether it makes sense. Also not sure on the job availibility in your field in SA but given that your chances of getting asylum are not very good what will be your career prospects if/when you return to SA. Depending on your employer and whether they are supportive and aware of your current situation they may not be thrilled that you claimed asylum when they sent you to Canada for training especially because you will not be able to attend training or work until you are approved for a work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My company is also there in canada but according to company laws relocation os done only on scarce skills
You would have to be working in an executive / managerial capacity most likely and have skills they cannot hire for in Canada. What about other countries? Where else is your company located?

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Not sure what other options are available forr now. please help if u have something in mind.
You need to get help from the local authorities. Your husband might be a policeman, but he is not above the law. I suggest you contact a lawyer in South Africa and start looking for legal ways to prohibit your husband to be near you or your kids.
If necessary make your case public by taking it to the local media.
Unfortunately, running away is not your best option.

Makatendeka

Nov 1, 2017
I have a peace order in place which he has broken the conditions before. I went to the court and reported but he was not arrested, he was questioned for a few hours and released. I have been to the press twice after he assulted me but it looks like he is well connected.

Makatendeka

Nov 1, 2017
You would have to be working in an executive / managerial capacity most likely and have skills they cannot hire for in Canada. What about other countries? Where else is your company located?
It is also based in Africa, and European countries

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would try to sit down with your HR department and explain that you are looking to explore opportunities in another country. I would briefly explain your situation. Your HR department should probably be aware that your husband should not be allowed to enter your place of employment and there is a threat to your safety. Best of luck.

Reactions: gavendano

Makatendeka

Nov 1, 2017
Any other way around it?.'humanitarian grounds perhaps?
I
I would try to sit down with your HR department and explain that you are looking to explore opportunities in another country. I would briefly explain your situation. Your HR department should probably be aware that your husband should not be allowed to enter your place of employment and there is a threat to your safety. Best of luck.
Yes they are aware. according to the laws of most countries I should have a scarce skill. they are only able toove me within south africa which they have already done but its not helping.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to come to Canada, economic immigrant is your best option.
From what you have stated your only obstacle seems to be lack of money. So you can either go for hard savings there or if you have family that is able to help even better.
Please be aware that preparing documents for legal immigration is not cheap either (language test, assessment of your diploma and translation of several documents). You should estimate around 25 to 30k CAD for all that including the resources that you have to show.
Please be also aware that there is a competition for the yearly quota, so you will have to be either quick in order to get provincial nomination or you need to get enough points for education, language, age and your work experience.
However that might still be your best option.

When it comes to your children, it does not really matter if you are legally married or not. What matters is who has custody of your children and what rights does the father of the children have. In your case you will have to get a full custody in order to be able to leave the country with your children.

Good luck

Bimbo Oke

Nov 6, 2014
Good people how are you. am faced between a rock and hard place
I acquired my business visa and visitors visas for my 2 kids hence we intend to travel to canada next week.

I intend to apply for asylum hence I was referred to this immigration lawyer
I sought advise from her but honestly my buble has been busted.

My claim was due to an abusive.husband who happen to be a top policeman here in South africa. he is so violent such that I have received numerous warnings regarding his behaviour. I was moved to one branch to another, one city to another but becoz of his professional status he could easily locate me.

I am currently residing in a shelter where he has not located me and am working from there as my remote office.

I was scheduled to come to canada next week and I pleaded with my company to arrange visas for my 2'kids whom I cannot leave in the shelter while I come for training as I am the only person they trust. besides leaving my kids in a shelter withoute feels horrible.

So after consultation with this lawyer she discouraged me saying my case is not water tight...I.just gonna copy and paster her response below.

[12/12, 21:31] Lawyer: Hello. I have read your story. You can make a claim but your problem will be that South Africa has functional state protection. So the police are in place and effective and even though your husband is a policeman but they might think there are ways around that. The fact that you are in a shelter too means that there is protection.
The other piece is that because state is functional traditionally there is for South African there lately have been a little number of claims and also lower rate of success
[12/12, 21:32] Lawyer: You can still try but please be advised that if your clainm does not succeed they will move fast to remove you
[12/12, 21:38] Lawyer: It is not a good time to make refugee claim because Canada has become very skeptical of all refugee claims.
And with that profile and a South African it will be tough to sell a refugee claim to anyone. However you know your circumstances and you can try and see.

Am so down and out. please good people any advise that you can give me on how to proceed with my claim.

Help a sister out!!
Hello Sister,
Could you please send me your Lawyer's contact details. I have a case at hand and need urgent counsel and sincere answers. She seems to be a good one. Please send her contact to me. Thanks