+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to reside

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello , can someone leave during the period between applaying and oath for a 1 month vacation or no ????? As I heared from some cases and I don't know if they are true or no that they got a refusal because they just left for a week or so ????

My question can someone leave for emergency or vacation without breaking the intention clause or no if yes for how long ?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Of course you can leave for a vacation or an emergency trip. Why wouldn't you be able to? The intent to reside clause is not a prohibition on travel. As long as you maintain a residence in Canada and plan to return there to live while you are away, you are fine. Of course, it is up to you demonstrate all this and not act in ways inconsistent with your stated intent. Like don't buy a house while you are on such a trip or go for job interviews in a foreign country.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went on a three week vacation oversees after my test/interview. I did notify IRCC in writing of the dates of my intended vacation and was then actually scheduled for oath before I left for vacation :)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
People worrying too much about this clause.
Canada is not a jail and they're not about to stop people from travels just because of this clause.

After you obtain citizenship you have all mobility rights as any Canadian national has. You can enter, and leave Canada freely.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MWM said:
Hello , can someone leave during the period between applaying and oath for a 1 month vacation or no ????? As I heared from some cases and I don't know if they are true or no that they got a refusal because they just left for a week or so ????

My question can someone leave for emergency or vacation without breaking the intention clause or no if yes for how long ?
Inform CIC when you go on vacation so that you don't miss any communication from CIC. If you don't inform them there is a chance that you might miss any communication from CIC in regards to additional document request, test/interview etc etc.

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp