+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to reside in Ontario while living in Québec

Feb 8, 2022
Hello to all,

I have been looking for similar threads, but haven't found much, and I would really appreciate if you guys and girls could share similar experiences, as to how one can show intention and be nominated by Ontario.

I received a notification of interest from Ontario, but I am already living and working in Québec on a temporary student visa. Obviously I want to be PR in Ontario and I would move there right now if I could, but the notification of interest does not allow me to move to Ontario. Plus, the entire nomination and PR processing can take 2 or 3 years considering the current backlog.

I even read someone saying "just quit your job and end your lease agreement in Québec and move to Ontario", but this can't be done as I only have a temporary permit to Québec. Again, I can't just go to Ontario now, as it would be illegal.

So, how can I show intention to reside in Ontario, if Ontario does not allow me to live and work there yet?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello to all,

I have been looking for similar threads, but haven't found much, and I would really appreciate if you guys and girls could share similar experiences, as to how one can show intention and be nominated by Ontario.

I received a notification of interest from Ontario, but I am already living and working in Québec on a temporary student visa. Obviously I want to be PR in Ontario and I would move there right now if I could, but the notification of interest does not allow me to move to Ontario. Plus, the entire nomination and PR processing can take 2 or 3 years considering the current backlog.

I even read someone saying "just quit your job and end your lease agreement in Québec and move to Ontario", but this can't be done as I only have a temporary permit to Québec. Again, I can't just go to Ontario now, as it would be illegal.

So, how can I show intention to reside in Ontario, if Ontario does not allow me to live and work there yet?
How far along are you in your studies?

How soon will you complete your studies and qualify for a PGWP?

Feb 8, 2022
How far along are you in your studies?

How soon will you complete your studies and qualify for a PGWP?
I am still at the beginning of my studies. The thing is, my program is 2 years long and the PR processing can take 2 years, so I don't see why I cannot stay in Québec studying and working while the PNP PR is being processed, then move permanently to Ontario.

It is odd and a bit illogical that I would need to show that I will move right away to Ontario if I do not have any temporary permits to do so, plus the PNP process takes too long.