+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to reside in any province other than Quebec

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I received an ITA under FSW last Friday and ready to submit, just waiting on the FBI PCC and medicals. I'm current a PhD Student in Quebec and halfway through my degree. I want to prove that I have the intention to reside outside of Quebec if I receive a positive response to my PR application. Any suggestions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you have an employer outside of Quebec who has offered to hire you after you complete your PhD? Can you change schools and continue your PhD program outside of Quebec?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Do you have an employer outside of Quebec who has offered to hire you after you complete your PhD? Can you change schools and continue your PhD program outside of Quebec?
Thanks Scylla for your reply.
No job offer. I don't know about changing schools? I don't know how complicated it will be. I can continue my PhD remotely though and I was thinking of moving anyways next year to Ontario to put my eldest kid in an English school. The English speaking school in Montreal will consider my kid as an international student and want me to pay international student fees ~10,000$ per year.
What if I rent an apartment in Ontario? Will that be a sufficient prove? Should I move and submit my application after moving to Ontario?
BTW, neither my wife nor I speak French at all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Moving to Ontario and putting your child in an English school there would be good proof. But you would need to do it sooner than next year given the processing times for FSW. i would make this move for this September (new school year for your child).

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Moving to Ontario and putting your child in an English school there would be good proof. But you would need to do it sooner than next year given the processing times for FSW. i would make this move for this September (new school year for your child).
That means I should do all of this before applying my PR application as I will need to include all of these documentation (lease + school acceptance)?

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Doda said:
That means I should do all of this before applying my PR application as I will need to include all of these documentation (lease + school acceptance)?
I am also a student in Quebec and has already submitted my application for PR with AOR in May.
I have not been rejected and I hope I wont. You can follow my timeline and see if I will be accepted. If so, you should be safe to apply as well.
I just wrote in my letter of intention when applying that I am planning to move to ON because my French is zero.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negarina said:
I am also a student in Quebec and has already submitted my application for PR with AOR in May.
I have not been rejected and I hope I wont. You can follow my timeline and see if I will be accepted. If so, you should be safe to apply as well.
I just wrote in my letter of intention when applying that I am planning to move to ON because my French is zero.
Thanks negarina,
that is relieving. Are you a PhD student as well?

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hi Doda,

Would you please guide me on what exactly did you do to show your intention to live outside of Quebec?

I am in the same situation right now and need some guidance.

Thank you.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Doda said:
You don't need to go that far (renting apartment and so on). Simply explain that you see Ontario's job market better than Quebec's. Or you know some friends in Ontario who found jobs in your field so you intend to come to Ontario after graduation. Ask other seniors view on this as well (Asivad for example).

All the best,

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
You don't need to go that far (renting apartment and so on). Simply explain that you see Ontario's job market better than Quebec's. Or you know some friends in Ontario who found jobs in your field so you intend to come to Ontario after graduation. Ask other seniors view on this as well (Asivad for example).

All the best,

Unfortunately, that doesn't help much. A couple of members recently and in the past, especially in the old PhD FSW thread, have been refused because they didn't provide any solid evidence of leaving Quebec.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Doda said:
Unfortunately, that doesn't help much. A couple of members recently and in the past, especially in the old PhD FSW thread, have been refused because they didn't provide any solid evidence of leaving Quebec.
I don't know about recent rejections. The old PhD FSW stream is another story though. It was disliked by CIC, they kept rejecting applicants for nonsense reasons and finally stopped accepting applications through PhD stream!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
I don't know about recent rejections. The old PhD FSW stream is another story though. It was disliked by CIC, they kept rejecting applicants for nonsense reasons and finally stopped accepting applications through PhD stream!
Well the recent one I know is member username negarina, commented previously on this thread. S/he got rejected because s/he didn't provide proof that s/he will reside elsewhere. Also from my personal experience, this is a very serious matter. Researching and providing plans of moving just doesn't cut it with IRCC officers.

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Thanks for your guidance.

So, my only option is to actually move to Ontario?

And Han, what do you mean by 'they stopped accepting PhD FSW application?'
I am under the same category and I have my profile created under EE-FSW program.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rina9285 said:
Thanks for your guidance.

So, my only option is to actually move to Ontario?

And Han, what do you mean by 'they stopped accepting PhD FSW application?'
I am under the same category and I have my profile created under EE-FSW program.
Your welcome.
Han is referring to the pre-EE FSW. There was a special stream for PhD students.