+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention on visiting Canada and taking a short course ( While visiting)

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Hi, My Sibling is intending to apply for a visitor visa to Canada with 3 children.

Aside from proving that she will finance her trip to Canada. She is also intending to take a short coarse of 3 months (No IELTS required for short courses ). My question is, by showing her taking a short course makes her application to visit to Canada weaker or stronger. Is she better off just doing simple visitor application without the mention of taking the short course? Would appreciate if I can get forum members opinion. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, My Sibling is intending to apply for a visitor visa to Canada with 3 children.

Aside from proving that she will finance her trip to Canada. She is also intending to take a short coarse of 3 months (No IELTS required for short courses ). My question is, by showing her taking a short course makes her application to visit to Canada weaker or stronger. Is she better off just doing simple visitor application without the mention of taking the short course? Would appreciate if I can get forum members opinion. Thanks
I personally would not mention the course. Makes the purpose of her visit seem more questionable, especially if she is bringing three kids with her. I would stick with applying as a visitor only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do the children have time off from school for the 3 months? Even if they are granted a TRV when they enter Canada they may not be granted that long of a stay. They will be expected to return home to attend school.