+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent of Refusal Letter OINP - Need Help

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
So I received an Intent of Refusal Letter from OINP last week! They have given me 30 days to respond to the below request.

You must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience, or
the equivalent in paid part-time work experience, within the five years before the
date of your notification of interest from Ontario. Your work experience must be in
the primary NOC 2171 identified in your Express Entry profile in Skill Type 0 or
Skill Level A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC).

Anyway, prior to receiving the Intent of Refusal Letter, I received an ADR with the same request. I had responded to them saying I chose wrong NOC code and it should have been 2172. I requested them if I could change it in my EE profile. They never acknowledged my request instead sent me the Intent of Refusal Letter. Now, I am unsure about my next steps! Should I go ahead and change the NOC code in my EE on my own and send them the screenshot along with resubmission of documents for my 2172 related jobs? Please help.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
if you chose the wrong NOC in express entry profile, you need to change it and reply to the intent to refuse letter with the confirmation of change and resubmit the documentation.

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
if you chose the wrong NOC in express entry profile, you need to change it and reply to the intent to refuse letter with the confirmation of change and resubmit the documentation.
Thanks for your response! Have you been through the same situation or do you know if anyone else has been in a similar situation. Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
no im also 2172 but got nominated. I've read here somewhere that oinp asked a member for new reference letter or change NOC code in express entry. i havent seen an outright intent to refuse letter. can you post the full letter.

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Here you go

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
under the EXPRESS ENTRY: HUMAN CAPITAL PRIORITIES STREAM, which was
received on March 22, 2018. Your application and all supporting documentation
submitted to date have now been reviewed.
Before a decision is made on your application, this letter is to provide you with a final
opportunity to submit information and/or documentation required to demonstrate your
eligibility for nomination under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015, S.O. 2015, c. 8 (the
“Act”) and its regulations.
The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your
application indicates that program criteria may not have been met. Specifically,

1. You must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience, or
the equivalent in paid part-time work experience, within the five years before the
date of your notification of interest from Ontario. Your work experience must be in
the primary NOC 2171 identified in your Express Entry profile in Skill Type 0 or

2. You responded to a Request for Information letter dated May 14, 2018 in
which you provided an email letter from your supervisor, Mr. ABC
who no longer works at XYZ company. However, the OINP is
unable to verify that Mr. ABC worked as a supervisor at the XYZ company while you were employed.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information
and/or documentation to demonstrate that your application satisfies all program criteria:
 Please provide OINP with verification that Mr. ABC was a supervisor
employed at the XYZ during your employment period with the
same company.

I was requested by OINP to submit reference letter from my XYZ company but the company refused to do so. I approached my manager to write me a reference letter who is working with a new company. They are requesting for proof that My manager was employed with the company.

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
also what did they ask for in the ADR letter.
In the ADR they requested for 2 things

1. 1 year conitnuous experience in 2171 for which I replied I chose the wrong NOC code and it should have been2172

2. They asked for reference letter for a company. I submitted a notarized copy of the reference letter from my ex manager who isn't working with the company.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Seems like you need to provide proof that your ex manager was working in the company. does he have an ID card or any other proof that he was working there. Can your HR provide any letter saying he was managing you. I think this is what oinp is asking.
You also need to change NOC if job duties and not aligning with current noc. Not sure why you did not do this earlier.

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Seems like you need to provide proof that your ex manager was working in the company. does he have an ID card or any other proof that he was working there. Can your HR provide any letter saying he was managing you. I think this is what oinp is asking.
You also need to change NOC if job duties and not aligning with current noc. Not sure why you did not do this earlier.
Ya I am in process of collecting those documents from him, maybe an employment letter or something should be fine right? As far as NOC is concerned, I wasn't given the right information! Some people told me not to change the NOC code as OINP hasn't requested it! I was confused at that time, but now I think that's the only option I got! I am hoping my case officer is lenient and accepts my mistake and moves on (nominates me :) )

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Ya I am in process of collecting those documents from him, maybe an employment letter or something should be fine right? As far as NOC is concerned, I wasn't given the right information! Some people told me not to change the NOC code as OINP hasn't requested it! I was confused at that time, but now I think that's the only option I got! I am hoping my case officer is lenient and accepts my mistake and moves on (nominates me :) )
Good luck ! Mate

flores

Oct 7, 2018
hello same thing with me, but I already put on my resume that i worked as a supervisor from 2009 to 2015 and currently i am store manager. i was hired for NOC 6311. what documents are needed.

flores

Oct 7, 2018
So I received an Intent of Refusal Letter from OINP last week! They have given me 30 days to respond to the below request.

You must have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience, or

Anyway, prior to receiving the Intent of Refusal Letter, I received an ADR with the same request. I had responded to them saying I chose wrong NOC code and it should have been 2172. I requested them if I could change it in my EE profile. They never acknowledged my request instead sent me the Intent of Refusal Letter. Now, I am unsure about my next steps! Should I go ahead and change the NOC code in my EE on my own and send them the screenshot along with resubmission of documents for my 2172 related jobs? Please help.

hello, just want to ask did you get approval already, i have the same reason of refusal and we have given 30 days also.
but it has same NOC only.