+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

intending married after completed the process and getting passport request

mishopharma

Jul 14, 2014
Thaaaaanks to ALLAh
I received passport request finally
But they add if i intend to get married in near future i should inform them with that before sending my passport.. i am seeking your advice wheather to submit my intention for marriage.. or better to send my passport.. and does sending intention to marry will negatively affect my successful file or delay it and for how long

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mishopharma said:
Thaaaaanks to ALLAh
I received passport request finally
But they add if i intend to get married in near future i should inform them with that before sending my passport.. i am seeking your advice wheather to submit my intention for marriage.. or better to send my passport.. and does sending intention to marry will negatively affect my successful file or delay it and for how long
If you marry, your spouse must be added to the application. You must under NO CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to land as single if you are married.

mishopharma

Jul 14, 2014
zardoz said:
If you marry, your spouse must be added to the application. You must under NO CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to land as single if you are married.

Thanks for your generousity, no one replied for me but you (thank you)
but I am not married yet, they requested me to send my passport or before it, send if I intend to get married; I should send them a letter on when and where this marriage is expected to take place.

my concern is should I send passport to expedite my process and then after landing to submit spousal sponsorship ? ? or should I send a letter of my intended marriage and risk the delay in my application...

please advice.
thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mishopharma said:
Thanks for your generousity, no one replied for me but you (thank you)
but I am not married yet, they requested me to send my passport or before it, send if I intend to get married; I should send them a letter on when and where this marriage is expected to take place.

my concern is should I send passport to expedite my process and then after landing to submit spousal sponsorship ? ? or should I send a letter of my intended marriage and risk the delay in my application...
As Zardoz already explained, if you get married before you land in Canada and become a PR - then you MUST return your PR visa (if it has already been issued), add your spouse to your application and wait for CIC to review your spouse's documents and issue a new PR visa to both of you.

If you get married after you land in Canada and become a PR, then you would file a spousal sponsorship application for your spouse. Note that you must be living in Canada when you submit the application and must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed.