+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intend work section changes post ITA conflict?

yugiohatemu

Dec 14, 2016
Hi, Seniors,

I did get invitation last December draw and in the PR document requirement with no bonus point from arranged employment.

In my original profile in the "Intended work section",
Does X have a job offer in Canada? Yes
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? No
Is X's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? NO

However, it appears that I answered the first question improperly because my job offer is not an arranged employment. I got my job offer under open work permit.
SO
Does X have a job offer in Canada? --> Should be NO?!

I can no longer edit my submitted CEC profile, however, can my Permanent Residence profile reflect the correct answer? ie, Be different from my CEC profile. I am really worried that this becomes a reason to be reject by immigrant officer.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

xaniluv

Jan 7, 2017
Hi did you ever get an answer to this, I am having the same problem and I'm afraid that it can cause my application to be denied.

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is what I learnt from response on multiple other posts .. see if it helps

One of the reference Topic: CIC asking for spouse work reference letter while no point obtained for that (Read 222 times)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-asking-for-spouse-work-reference-letter-while-no-point-obtained-for-that-t467407.0.html

-- if you didn't claim any point for a specific information provided on the CEC application you may change that ... any information on which you have qualified must not be changed

since you mentioned that you didn't claim points for the arranged employment, an update should not affect

In case you decide to modify and submit, I would suggest to add an LOE mentioning that update you made .. just to make things clear