+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intend to Leave Quebec for New Pathways

hat3cker

Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
I'm planning to apply for this program: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html

I have a master's degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax and currently, it's been around 6 months that I'm working for my current employer in Montreal, Quebec.
Initially, I was planning to move out of Quebec after one year of working and apply for Canadian Experience to get my permanent residency. However, since this new program has been introduced recently I'm planning to apply for this one instead.

The only issue that I have is to prove my intention to move outside Quebec as it's mentioned in the requirements. My employer has an office in Mississauga, Ontario and my HR manager agreed to provide me a letter indicating that I'll be working remotely for the time being but eventually, I'll move there once the offices open up. However, he also gave me the freedom to modify the content of that letter, in case if something needs to be added or changed to strengthen my intention. Also, my work permit is expiring in a year so I think adding that to my letter of intention would be helpful.

So considering that I was wondering if I need to indicate the dates or just mention that I'll move as soon as the offices open due to the uncertain situation. Or should I mention anything else in the letter from my employer? Are these reasons strong enough to prove my intention and is there anything else that you think I should add?

Golden215

Apr 30, 2021
Hi,
I'm planning to apply for this program: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html-FaceTime PC

I have a master's degree from Dalhousie University in Halifax and currently, it's been around 6 months that I'm working for my current employer in Montreal, Quebec.
Initially, I was planning to move out of Quebec after one year of working and apply for Canadian Experience to get my permanent residency. However, since this new program has been introduced recently I'm planning to apply for this one instead.

The only issue that I have is to prove my intention to move outside Quebec as it's mentioned in the requirements. My employer has an office in Mississauga, Ontario and my HR manager agreed to provide me a letter indicating that I'll be working remotely for the time being but eventually, I'll move there once the offices open up. However, he also gave me the freedom to modify the content of that letter, in case if something needs to be added or changed to strengthen my intention. Also, my work permit is expiring in a year so I think adding that to my letter of intention would be helpful.

So considering that I was wondering if I need to indicate the dates or just mention that I'll move as soon as the offices open due to the uncertain situation. Or should I mention anything else in the letter from my employer? Are these reasons strong enough to prove my intention and is there anything else that you think I should add?
The province you provide in is the most important.

For intention, you have to provide a letter explaining your ties to another province and why you're going to move out of QC.