+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intelligence agency application

Macob

Jun 23, 2019
Should I disclose as a secondary applicant that I used to recently work for an intelligence agency in my country? Has anyone made it

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Should I disclose as a secondary applicant that I used to recently work for an intelligence agency in my country? Has anyone made it
As a secondary applicant, you are also required to disclose all work experience related info in your personal history section. So, yes disclose. Otherwise, you risk being banned for misrepresentation, aka withholding facts in order to manipulate officer and get a positive outcome. Your background check might take longer, but there no info saying that you can't immigrate to Canada if you worked for intelligence, while not disclosing all info/lying is an offence.

Macob

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks a lot, this is very encouraging. I don't want to lie but they mention espionage as grounds for inadmissibility and the language scares me.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks a lot, this is very encouraging. I don't want to lie but they mention espionage as grounds for inadmissibility and the language scares me.
Well... It really depends on your duties... If you collected/analyzed data then it's a part of job right? If you engaged in physical spying, etc.. then it's different. It's really complex, you need disclose and jsut try. But as I said, there's no law saying that you can't immigrate based on your work experience in surveillance...

Reactions: Macob

Macob

Jun 23, 2019
Well... It really depends on your duties... If you collected/analyzed data then it's a part of job right? If you engaged in physical spying, etc.. then it's different. It's really complex, you need disclose and jsut try. But as I said, there's no law saying that you can't immigrate based on your work experience in surveillance...
There is no way of providing any letters of proof and that worries me, my duties were really innocuous in reality, which gives me some courage in just declaring them. Again thank you for your positive response

Reactions: mau123

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
There is no way of providing any letters of proof and that worries me, my duties were really innocuous in reality, which gives me some courage in just declaring them. Again thank you for your positive response
No worries. Just make sure your work reference letter meets all the requirements: NOC, duties, manager's signature, it also has to be dated and so on. Good luck!

Reactions: Macob

jp3189n

Sep 4, 2017
Can I ask you what NOC did you choose? I worked for an intelligence agency as well, in operational security as a manager and I am very confused as this kind of job does not appear on every NOC description.