+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

insurance and pregnancy, PR holder out of Canada

sky06

Apr 19, 2016
Dear Seniors and Forum Members,
I need your advise please....
We had our short landing in April 2017 in Toronto for just few days, then returned to our country as we are planning to move permanently by end of 2018. During that time, we were able to open bank account only. We couldnt apply for OHIP as the letter from the bank with the home address (of a friend), which is a requirement to apply for the same, couldn't reach us on time during our stay, .
Now, i found out that I am pregnant, due by January 2018.
I am doing a little research online on the possibilities of the child delivery, either in my country or in Canada. if i do it in my country, i have to apply for the baby a visa later on, where most cases on the thread i read they are facing some dififculties.
If i'm going to deliver in Canada, i need to have an insurance, that i don't have right now. I know some provinces, like Ontario and BC have a waiting time of 3 months prior to getting the insurance cards.
The plan we have in mind right now is if i will deliver in Canada, i will have to return back to my home country meanwhile with the baby and we will move permanently all together by end of 2018.
I am working right now, and say i will travel by end of November to Canada, will my delivery be covered by the insurance program once i apply the moment i reach there? Or any other way?
Appreciate all your feedback and inputs.
Thank you!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

sky06

Apr 19, 2016
Not sure why you have posted the same question in 3 threads but never mind. See this similar scenario where basically you still need to be resident for 3 months to register otherwise you need to pay your own way for the delivery. Also planning to come back end November for a January delivery maybe check the airline travel restrictions http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-waiting-period-for-ohip.389674/
Thanks for your reply, any similar thread, for example Alberta?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply, any similar thread, for example Alberta?
It applies to all provinces. If you leave shortly after giving birth - expect the province to come after you for the costs.