Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
Dear All,
Happy to see you all again 
I am doing well by Gods grace and thought of sharing my experiences so far. I believe most of you would know the thing s we do in the initial days, such as applying for the SIN by visiting any of Service Canada offices and getting used to the transit .. Etc...
Most important thing is getting a job. Hopefully as you know, most of the professions and jobs in Canada require certification or relevant education. However, your previous experience does matter if you can highlight in a way that employers are looking for.
Also, most of the jobs are filled through strong references or through consultants. I see insurance industry is doing better and it’s up to you what field you are interested in… Please make sure you change your resume to the Canadian style before you start applying for the jobs I have never seen any walk in interviews. Everything should be done online. Let me give you a list of consultants in Toronto who can help you in getting a job. I have got my job through one of these consultants.

1. Roberthalf / Accountemps
2. Randstad Canada
3. Collins Recruitment Group
My suggestion start getting into level and build up your Canadian experience.

Wish you all a great life.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Gods Grace said:
Dear All,
I am doing well by Gods grace and thought of sharing my experiences so far. I believe most of you would know the thing s we do in the initial days, such as applying for the SIN by visiting any of Service Canada offices and getting used to the transit .. Etc...
Most important thing is getting a job. Hopefully as you know, most of the professions and jobs in Canada require certification or relevant education. However, your previous experience does matter if you can highlight in a way that employers are looking for.
Also, most of the jobs are filled through strong references or through consultants. I see insurance industry is doing better and it's up to you what field you are interested in... Please make sure you change your resume to the Canadian style before you start applying for the jobs I have never seen any walk in interviews. Everything should be done online. Let me give you a list of consultants in Toronto who can help you in getting a job. I have got my job through one of these consultants.

2. Randstad Canada

Thanks Brother for sharing your story,

Could you please explain in more detail about general job conditions in insurance industry of Canada, and how you got the JOb in Insurance industry, what are the upgrades you need to do. after how many months of landing you got a job, you got a job on claims or underwriting, is it a beginnig lvel job or some where above that, what are the real salaries offer for lets say underwriter or claims officer etc.

I am planning to land soon, it will really help in boosting the moral and to keep the Positive frame of mind.

Bali29

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what kind of licence or certificate course we need to do to find jobs in field of noc 1233 as insurance examiners/adjusters...how long is course in canada?what location ,city in canada has got best job opportunities for this field?any recommendations of any recruitment agencies which assist in finding jobs in this field?
Thanx
Bali

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Hi Gods Grace,
Can you please reply to my questions, you reply and experience will be beneficial for many of us vising the forum and planning to land soon.

Gods Grace

Jun 9, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
02-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
28/08/2011
Med's Request
24/11/2011
Med's Done....
30/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
Hi Humsafar,
I got a my first job with Rogers (Telecommunication) in their inbound customer service in one month’s time and was keeping in touch with job consultants searching for jobs in my domain. By god’s grace, I joined an Insurance company after 1.5 months with Rogers and this job was offered through a consultant.
I see there are many opportunities for underwriter and in claims with proper experience. However, it will easy for you to get a job with any insurance certification from Insurance Institute of Canada or any approved agencies or institutes across the world. You may check online for Insurance Institute of Canada and see what they offer. You need a license if you need to work as a broker and each province has its parameters issuing licences I believe. It’s called RIBO in Ontario (Registered Insurance brokers of Ontario) and you may complete this in 1 to 2months time.
Most important, I see and I was told by many people that the best certification in insurance field is CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) from Insurance institute of Canada. It has various modules for Claims and underwriting.. Etc... It takes almost two years or more to complete this certification and bit expensive 
Also, with regards to best cities prospects are , Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and some companies are located n Kitchener Ontario. The salaries totally depends on companies and experience, however, it range from 35000 to 55000 and more. The most important thing initially would be getting or adding Canadian work experience to your profile regardless of what salary you have been offered.
Living in Toronto is bit expensive, basements range from $ 600 to $800 and single bedroom apartments range from $900 to $1200.
Having experience in Accounts payable and accounts receivable will get you jobs easier. Make sure you have a good profile created in www.linkedin.com , start networking and join different groups of job categories will help you getting jobs faster.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you work as an agent at Roger's call center? was it permanent or contract job? and what was the package deal?
Gods Grace said:
Hi Humsafar,
I got a my first job with Rogers (Telecommunication) in their inbound customer service in one month's time and was keeping in touch with job consultants searching for jobs in my domain. By god's grace, I joined an Insurance company after 1.5 months with Rogers and this job was offered through a consultant.
I see there are many opportunities for underwriter and in claims with proper experience. However, it will easy for you to get a job with any insurance certification from Insurance Institute of Canada or any approved agencies or institutes across the world. You may check online for Insurance Institute of Canada and see what they offer. You need a license if you need to work as a broker and each province has its parameters issuing licences I believe. It's called RIBO in Ontario (Registered Insurance brokers of Ontario) and you may complete this in 1 to 2months time.
Most important, I see and I was told by many people that the best certification in insurance field is CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) from Insurance institute of Canada. It has various modules for Claims and underwriting.. Etc... It takes almost two years or more to complete this certification and bit expensive 
Also, with regards to best cities prospects are , Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and some companies are located n Kitchener Ontario. The salaries totally depends on companies and experience, however, it range from 35000 to 55000 and more. The most important thing initially would be getting or adding Canadian work experience to your profile regardless of what salary you have been offered.
Living in Toronto is bit expensive, basements range from $ 600 to $800 and single bedroom apartments range from $900 to $1200.
Having experience in Accounts payable and accounts receivable will get you jobs easier. Make sure you have a good profile created in www.linkedin.com , start networking and join different groups of job categories will help you getting jobs faster.

XubX

Nov 18, 2012
I read somewhere that as per new rules, the credentials assessed must be relevant to the primary occupation of the applicant.

This is worrying me because I am a certified Chartered Accountant working as a Loss Adjuster.

So does that mean i cannot apply as my accountancy qualification is not relevant to the Insurance Industry.

Its kinda strange because firstly there are no loss adjusting related qualifications in Pakistan and secondly Canada do not recognize anything other than Canadian Insurance Designations.

Anyone got any info on this or was the information i received wrong?

Regards,

Gods Grace

Jun 9, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
02-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
28/08/2011
Med's Request
24/11/2011
Med's Done....
30/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
It is totallly depend upon each individual to choose what proffession they want once they landed in Canada.. It has nothing to do with what NOC you have applied for immigration.. Empoloyers would not know or ask about these things rather they would be concerned only about the requirements for the role they are offering and what are you upto take that up... You are same as another Canadian .....

XubX

Nov 18, 2012
Actually i am referring to the immigration requirements. Of course anyone can choose any job he wants in Canada, but to get there i have to fulfill the immigration requirements.
All i want to know is do I definitely need a Insurance Related Qualification to be eligible for application under NOC1233/1312 as per my information in my previous post or is it wrong information.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
XubX said:
Actually i am referring to the immigration requirements. Of course anyone can choose any job he wants in Canada, but to get there i have to fulfill the immigration requirements.
All i want to know is do I definitely need a Insurance Related Qualification to be eligible for application under NOC1233/1312 as per my information in my previous post or is it wrong information.
No You Do not. you just need to have experience in your selected NOC

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Dear Gods Grace

I am glad to know that your have got the Job in insurance field, so did you got a Job In Claims or underwriting, and your experience was in claims or underwriting. Did you get the job through some references or only by contacting Consultants. I am also in dilemma how to contact the head hunters. Can you just call them and take an appointment or you need to know someone who know head hunter / recruiter. I am not sure how it works.

Can you please tell me in which company you got the job, is it a junior level job or the level matches with your experience.

Do you think insurance experience from middle east can be of any benefit.

I already have the ACII (From UK) designation, already enrolled from CIP got 4 exemptions and appearing for 5th course in April sitting, do you think this will help in getting a job ?

Which area in Toronto the insurance jobs are, so accordingly which are in GTA will be convenient to live from Job and other amentias prospective.
I will be landing in June, do you think if it is wise to first land for 3 weeks and then may be after a year or so move permanently, or shall we wind up and move permanently now. We are a family of thee. This child in just 3 years old.

I already have a profile on linkedin and trying to contact the Canadian insurance industry people, bit hardly get any response from the professional in response to my requests or messages. may be you can add me on linked in, you can search my name on linkedin it is Ali Adnan Farooq

I will be really thankful if you reply to my questions, I hope you understand the feelings. You must have faced the same kind of feelings when it was your turn to move.

I would also appreciate any additional advice from you side. This will be helpful for many of us.

NavneetK

Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111 and 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
5TH JUNE,2013
LANDED..........
18TH JULY,2013
Gods Grace said:
Dear All,
Also, most of the jobs are filled through strong references or through consultants. I see insurance industry is doing better and it's up to you what field you are interested in... Please make sure you change your resume to the Canadian style before you start applying for the jobs I have never seen any walk in interviews. Everything should be done online. Let me give you a list of consultants in Toronto who can help you in getting a job. I have got my job through one of these consultants.

2. Randstad Canada

Dear sir,
Your posts are very valuable ones. :D
Keep posting your experience of insurance career as they give valuable information to readers. :)
thanks again sir. :D
+1 for you

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
Any update God Grace or any other experienced insurance person who had already landed in Canada

XubX

Nov 18, 2012
Reproducing from the Canada Gazette below:

In the case of applicants who have listed a regulated occupation in their application, where a professional body has been designated by CIC to conduct such assessments, the applicant must submit that professional body’s foreign educational credential assessment establishing that the foreign educational credential is equivalent to the Canadian educational credential required to practice that occupation.

Furthermore, should the assessment of an applicant’s credential by a professional body not demonstrate that the credential is equivalent to the Canadian credential required for the occupation listed in the application, the applicant will not be eligible to apply in the Federal Skilled Worker Class under that occupation.

This is what interests me. Like stated in my previous post i am a qualified Chartered Accountant working as a Loss Adjuster for 6+ years. I am fully licenced by the Government but I am not really sure how this will play out with the new Applicants. From my information, Loss Adjusters is a Regulated Profession.

So does this mean, an applicant must have qualifications in Insurance to apply? I asked this before and got a positive reply but thought if I put up source material, my question will make more sense.

Regards,
XubX

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
XubX said:
Reproducing from the Canada Gazette below:

In the case of applicants who have listed a regulated occupation in their application, where a professional body has been designated by CIC to conduct such assessments, the applicant must submit that professional body's foreign educational credential assessment establishing that the foreign educational credential is equivalent to the Canadian educational credential required to practice that occupation.

Furthermore, should the assessment of an applicant's credential by a professional body not demonstrate that the credential is equivalent to the Canadian credential required for the occupation listed in the application, the applicant will not be eligible to apply in the Federal Skilled Worker Class under that occupation.

This is what interests me. Like stated in my previous post i am a qualified Chartered Accountant working as a Loss Adjuster for 6+ years. I am fully licenced by the Government but I am not really sure how this will play out with the new Applicants. From my information, Loss Adjusters is a Regulated Profession.

So does this mean, an applicant must have qualifications in Insurance to apply? I asked this before and got a positive reply but thought if I put up source material, my question will make more sense.

Regards,
XubX
Hi XubX,

Please try these two links if you have not tried them yet.

https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

Hope it helps.