+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

instruction to fill Generic form IMM 0008 for spouse of protected person

samalkaser

Apr 5, 2021
Hi guy

I want to fill application form IMM 0008 for PR , as spouse of protected person .

She is the principal applicant , and she added me and our kids in her application

So when I fill mine , DO I HAVE TO PUT HER NAME AND OUR KIDS NAMES again IN MY APPLICATION.

Thank you.

Sam

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guy

I want to fill application form IMM 0008 for PR , as spouse of protected person .

She is the principal applicant , and she added me and our kids in her application

So when I fill mine , DO I HAVE TO PUT HER NAME AND OUR KIDS NAMES again IN MY APPLICATION.

Thank you.

Sam
I dont understand when you say “when i fill mine” while you are spouse of protected person. It looks like two separate instead of one form, and your details and that of the childrens come under “dependants”. You can also click “Add dependant” if you need to. If i understood your question

samalkaser

Apr 5, 2021
my wife is principal applicant ,she and my kids are protected as refugees , she apply for PR by doing all application including generic form IMM 0008 , I am inside canada now and wants to apply for PR too , some told me that I have to do A Generic form and include her and kids with me as dependent some said you do not need Generic form , once your wife added you to her application , should only do the schedule A and family information ,,so I get confused what I Have to do
THank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
my wife is principal applicant ,she and my kids are protected as refugees , she apply for PR by doing all application including generic form IMM 0008 , I am inside canada now and wants to apply for PR too , some told me that I have to do A Generic form and include her and kids with me as dependent some said you do not need Generic form , once your wife added you to her application , should only do the schedule A and family information ,,so I get confused what I Have to do
THank you
when you say “I am inside Canada now and i want to apply too”you mean you want to apply for the Permanent Residence through other economic stream and your wife applies PR as Protected so is your children at the same time..If that is the case, then decision is yours and you should consider the outcome, and your chance of approval. I know express entry may take less time than through as Protected Person but i may be wrong because of pandemic. If i were in your position and providedi have either ITA/nomination i would include them in my application and make one application. But if you are not ready yet and your wife is, then let her include you in her application.

Benita bose

Apr 8, 2021
Please i need to understand something i have applied for protected person after that what is the next step to do

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
THank you
you need to fill it in like first her details then add as a family member then your and then your child details.. good luck.