+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inspection at Port of Entry

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

Have a question....for all those who landed in Canada on a study permit...do the officers inspect your luggage?

I will be flying in the first week of August (Inshallah) and want to know if there is any inspection of luggage or they just believe whatever you declare on the declaration form

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
bzafar said:
Hi Guys,

Have a question....for all those who landed in Canada on a study permit...do the officers inspect your luggage?

I will be flying in the first week of August (Inshallah) and want to know if there is any inspection of luggage or they just believe whatever you declare on the declaration form
What is the reason for asking this? If you are not taking anything that is unacceptable, everything is fine with them and you as well.

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
its all my personal belongings...nothing else but I want to know if they do inspect or not

seena

Apr 30, 2015
bzafar said:
its all my personal belongings...nothing else but I want to know if they do inspect or not
What I was suggested by my aunt who use to travel from Canada to Pakistan or Dubai ..... she said in hand carry n luggage whateva.. they people strictly do inspection and just don't rely what have you have filled in form ... so be aware about carry personal things ....

bzafar

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
seena said:
What I was suggested by my aunt who use to travel from Canada to Pakistan or Dubai ..... she said in hand carry n luggage whateva.. they people strictly do inspection and just don't rely what have you have filled in form ... so be aware about carry personal things ....
I have been to Canada many times but never had anyone inspect my luggage....however I just thought when going on a Study permit it might be different that's y wanted to know

swagger

Nov 22, 2014
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-7-15
Doc's Request.
passed
IELTS Request
6bands
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-15
LANDED..........
7-8-15
hey guys as i got my visa in last week . i mvery happy .
my collage is in ontario niagara collage.
but i am going to calgary alberta to meet my cousin brother and his family on 7th of august . does it create any problem at the port of entry?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
bzafar said:
I have been to Canada many times but never had anyone inspect my luggage....however I just thought when going on a Study permit it might be different that's y wanted to know
well carry on luggage is inspected and checked in luggage is inspected too without u knowing(sometimes they put a note in ur bag it was opened). u can tell this by if u lock ur luggage they sometimes break ur locks if not TSA approved locks.
so yes anything can be inspected doesnt matter ur traveling under study visa or anyother visa.