+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inside applicant

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
What a long journey!
I am an inside applicants.
I could read you guys all are waiting for aor and so do I.
I couldn't expect such a hopeless waiting.
Someone who doesn't have work permit like me is in more difficult situation.
It does connect with everything.
I really need to get work permit to let my kids study in secondary school next year.
I'm wondering, without work permit, do I need to pay tuition fees for secondary school in this case?
I am checking this forum everyday to get new updates.
But there is nothing special so far.
Is there no one who get work permit for sure?
I really hope it would be done anytime soon.

Reactions: kellew

Sandhu95

Oct 31, 2020
You can get emergency work permit. You just have to prove them that you applied for PR even if you don’t have AoR just show them receipts. I did same cuz I have a family emergency and I need to travel. If you have a valid reason you can apply for emergency work permit or you can contact your local MP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We live in canada now.
My kids have study permit and expiring coming summer.
I have same period visitor visa.
So you aren't working on a visitor visa and you applied for HCCP, correct? When did you apply? Do you have a job offer? Do you have a status update?

Processing is 12+ months.

Rose garden

Dec 5, 2020
So you aren't working on a visitor visa and you applied for HCCP, correct? When did you apply? Do you have a job offer? Do you have a status update?

Processing is 12+ months.
I applied beginning of July 2020 through a agent. They got money to submit the application. I couldn't get further information.
I have a stable job offer. My employer will wait until I get work permit for sure.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied beginning of July 2020 through a agent. They got money to submit the application. I couldn't get further information.
I have a stable job offer. My employer will wait until I get work permit for sure.
Processing is 12+ months. Did they even submit your application? You may want to look at extending your kids study permits if they are expiring soon or you need to register them for school. Until you get PR/work permit, they are not eligible for free secondary school.

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
You can get emergency work permit. You just have to prove them that you applied for PR even if you don’t have AoR just show them receipts. I did same cuz I have a family emergency and I need to travel. If you have a valid reason you can apply for emergency work permit or you can contact your local MP
Hi there! Can you please explain what emergency work permit means? My friend applied for as a visitor and she submitted 17 months ago without a decision on her application yet. Can she apply for the emergency work permit ? Thank you

Reactions: mrsMdrd

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please explain an emergency work permit. I have never heard of this. Please provide the links.

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
Do you mean the emergency work permit will give you a quick approval of your application? MP office is not opened in my city. Is there a link you can send please? Had your WP been approved? Thank you