+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry

Roland

Sep 19, 2014
Hello everyone,
Please someone should help us. My friend just had a failed refugee claim today, she is confused and needs help on how to go in for an appeal. She had applied for work permit but she is in doubt if she will be granted. Please can you help her know the next step?
She was also doubting if she can apply for study permit and later apply for her PR after completion of school. Please someone should help her she is very depressed.
Thanks for understanding

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
She should seek Legal assistance and take steps to appeal especially if there are grounds for humanitarian consideration.The other permits are not likely to be successful with the failed Refugee case

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed. She needs legal advice.

If her refugee claim has already been refused and she wants to remain in Canada, then she needs to appeal. A study permit is not going to be approved - no point even trying.

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
She can certainly appeal at the federal court and meanwhile her work permit will be granted. Federal court process takes up to 6 months, even if the appeal fails, she still can do a PRAA and a H&C grounds application. Where does she come from? Does she have kids?
Appeal at the federal court requires a lawyer as its a complicated process and she has 30 days to file an appeal.
As for the study permit, if she's willing to pay the money like an international student, she shouldn't have a problem getting a permit, but she still need an acceptance letter and proof of funds...

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taxed said:
She can certainly appeal at the federal court and meanwhile her work permit will be granted. Federal court process takes up to 6 months, even if the appeal fails, she still can do a PRAA and a H&C grounds application. Where does she come from? Does she have kids?
Appeal at the federal court requires a lawyer as its a complicated process and she has 30 days to file an appeal.
As for the study permit, if she's willing to pay the money like an international student, she shouldn't have a problem getting a permit, but she still need an acceptance letter and proof of funds...
Agreed. Appeal is the way t go now, spend some money and get proper legal advice on time before she lose status.

MPIRi123

May 2, 2016
Roland said:
Hello everyone,
Please someone should help us. My friend just had a failed refugee claim today, she is confused and needs help on how to go in for an appeal. She had applied for work permit but she is in doubt if she will be granted. Please can you help her know the next step?
She was also doubting if she can apply for study permit and later apply for her PR after completion of school. Please someone should help her she is very depressed.
Thanks for understanding
Tell your friend to take heart, a failed refugee claim is not the end of the road, she still has some more chances. we have been there l applied and my case failed in 2012 , l did an appeal and it was bounced as well. l waited for a whole year to do H&C and God did it for me. my experienced l stayed focused and try not to be depressed and with prayer every document l applied for was granted to me. l did a course at the UOA and was very lucky completed it on a study permit, l have been working on work permits not at any one moment was my any of my applications denied. Pray and trust God He who did it for me will do it for you . am landing soon :eek: :-* :-* :-*

Reactions: D_8rane

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
MPIRi123 said:
Tell your friend to take heart, a failed refugee claim is not the end of the road, she still has some more chances. we have been there l applied and my case failed in 2012 , l did an appeal and it was bounced as well. l waited for a whole year to do H&C and God did it for me. my experienced l stayed focused and try not to be depressed and with prayer every document l applied for was granted to me. l did a course at the UOA and was very lucky completed it on a study permit, l have been working on work permits not at any one moment was my any of my applications denied. Pray and trust God He who did it for me will do it for you . am landing soon :eek: :-* :-* :-*
Can you share your timeline regarding H&C application?

MPIRi123

May 2, 2016
Taxed said:
Can you share your timeline regarding H&C application?
my time line is as follows.
Application received on April 24 2014
Processing started on July 11 2014 and l received AIP
October 29 2015 email was sent to my lawyer for fees & more information like medicals , police certificates
Medicals received on the 4 May.
May 11 2016 my passport was sent back to me for renewal am sure my email for landing details is on the way.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi. My hearing was denied as well. I have yet to appeal. How long was the process and waiting time for the decision? I am also thinking to apply H&C under the interest of a child ground. I think i dont have to wait for a year for the 12 months bar because of the exception of a child’s interest. My question is, how about my refugee claimant document? It will expire next year. Will I be able to renew it? So does it mean your H&C was accepted thats why you’re landing soon? How long was the process? Thanks! Hope you have time to reply.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
H&C approval are low