+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry regarding PR Card renewal and application process for spouse of a Canadian citizen living abroad

hanifreh

Jul 30, 2023
Do I need to be physically present in Canada to apply for a renewal of PR Card on the basis of living with my Canadian citizen spouse? Is my wife required to accompany me to Canada for the application process?
If my PR Card is approved, will it be sent to my address abroad, or do I need to be in Canada to receive it? If both my wife and I are required to be present to receive the PR Card. I have applied and got permanent resident travel document .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do I need to be physically present in Canada to apply for a renewal of PR Card on the basis of living with my Canadian citizen spouse? Is my wife required to accompany me to Canada for the application process?
If my PR Card is approved, will it be sent to my address abroad, or do I need to be in Canada to receive it? If both my wife and I are required to be present to receive the PR Card. I have applied and got permanent resident travel document .
Yes, you need to be in Canada to submit the application to renew your PR card. No, your wife does not need to travel with you.

No, IRCC will not send the card to an address outside of Canada. They will only mail the card to an address in Canada. There is also some chance they may require you to pick up the card in person.

Reactions: YVR123