+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry regarding new-born baby visa application

mojtaba256

Apr 6, 2014
Hello

I want you to ask about taking my new born baby with myself to Canada. I received my student visa from CIC office in Feb 2014 when I was pregnant. In that time, I though that I could go to Canada and deliver my baby there and start my PhD, but I decided to deliver my baby in my country since it was very hard for me. I delivered my baby few days ago. Now I have Canada student visa but I don't know how I can apply dependent visa for my new born baby. Could u please inform me whether can I add my baby's name into my passport dependent page and take it to Canada with myself. Other wise, if he needs new application with his own new passport, could you please inform me which kind of application I should do for him? for instance, if he needs temporary resident visa application, which kinds of application such as Visitor visa, Tourist, Transit etc.. we needs to apply for him? If it's possible please inform me about all essential info, steps and documents needed for his dependent visa application or any helpful website showing us how to apply. He is just 7 days old. I have to apply for him as soon as possible since I have to start my PhD for May semester 2014. Thank you so much dear friends for your time and cooperation and I look forward to hearing back from u soon.

mojtaba256

Apr 6, 2014
Thank u for your response dear friend. I am applying in Iran. We have to apply to CIC office in Ankara Turkey. Could u plz guide me what I should do? Thank u

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mojtaba256 said:
Hello

I want you to ask about taking my new born baby with myself to Canada. I received my student visa from CIC office in Feb 2014 when I was pregnant. In that time, I though that I could go to Canada and deliver my baby there and start my PhD, but I decided to deliver my baby in my country since it was very hard for me. I delivered my baby few days ago. Now I have Canada student visa but I don't know how I can apply dependent visa for my new born baby. Could u please inform me whether can I add my baby's name into my passport dependent page and take it to Canada with myself. Other wise, if he needs new application with his own new passport, could you please inform me which kind of application I should do for him? for instance, if he needs temporary resident visa application, which kinds of application such as Visitor visa, Tourist, Transit etc.. we needs to apply for him? If it's possible please inform me about all essential info, steps and documents needed for his dependent visa application or any helpful website showing us how to apply. He is just 7 days old. I have to apply for him as soon as possible since I have to start my PhD for May semester 2014. Thank you so much dear friends for your time and cooperation and I look forward to hearing back from u soon.
1. The baby requires his/her own passport.
2. The baby also requires a TRV, which you apply for after you have the passport as a visitor.
3. You are also going to have to show an additional $4K for living expenses for the baby.
4. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp
5. You probably won't get the child's TRV in time, the processing time at Ankara is 62 days.

mojtaba256

Apr 6, 2014
Dear PMM and Regina

Thank u so much for your guidance. Regarding additional funds, could u please tell me how much it's total will be for 3.5 years?
And could you please send me the website where I can upload essential forms, and see the application stages for applying Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
Which is easier to get? dependent visa of father or mother? Thank you dear friends for your kindness

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dependent visa of father or mother?
You did not mention a father previously. Is he going with you as your dependent? Will he stay with a baby at home in Canada while you are in class? If yes then you have to have to have funds for tuition+ $10000 living expenses for you, $4000 for your husband+$4000 for you baby for a year.

And could you please send me the website where I can upload essential forms, and see the application stages for applying Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
www.cic.gc.ca
If you are a student (primarily applicant) you have apply for TRV for a baby.

mojtaba256

Apr 6, 2014
We both applied for our own study permit and have got our own study permit. we are not dependent of each other. So both of us are going to study in Canada. Could u plz send me a link to show all essential documents and forms for TRV application as a tourists for our baby? TQ

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mojtaba256 said:
We both applied for our own study permit and have got our own study permit. we are not dependent of each other. So both of us are going to study in Canada. Could u plz send me a link to show all essential documents and forms for TRV application as a tourists for our baby? TQ
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mojtaba256 said:
dear friend

Does the baby need to get CAQ for himself or not? We are gonna go to Montreal. TQ
NO, as I somehow doubt the child will be working or attending school.

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
My Friend received positive LMIA and job offer from Canada Employer. She is going to apply for Work permit.
She wants to apply for dependent visa her husband and new born baby.
Can her new born baby and her husband travel along with her. Will they get dependent visa along with her work permit.

do they have submit TRV application for her husband and new born child along with Work permit application. ?
what could be conditions for TRV like Assets & Funds required ?
Is there any chance for rejection for issuing work permit , since she is going to add TRV for her husband and child ?

Also suggest weather she can apply for open work permit for husband instead of TRV. ? Any Risk ?

Regards
Balasubramani