+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry Regarding Landing Requirements and Procedures for Study Permit Holders in Canada

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
  1. Is it mandatory to land specifically at Toronto Pearson International Airport as my college in Barrie for study permit holders, or can I choose any designated port of entry in Canada?
  2. Are there any restrictions or preferences regarding the airport of entry for study permit holders?
  3. Can I land at Calgary International Airport if I have relatives residing in Calgary who will show me around and drop me off at my college in Barrie?
  4. What are the correct procedures and guidelines I should follow to smoothly enter Canada and begin my studies?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
You can land in Calgary. But be specific about your travel and itinerary when the CBSA (Border Services) Officer asks. Tell them where you'll be staying (Relatives' house) and when you will be travelling to Ontario/Barrie and when your classes begin. That is very important, because you aren't landing anywhere close to where your college is.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  1. Is it mandatory to land specifically at Toronto Pearson International Airport as my college in Barrie for study permit holders, or can I choose any designated port of entry in Canada?
  2. Are there any restrictions or preferences regarding the airport of entry for study permit holders?
  3. Can I land at Calgary International Airport if I have relatives residing in Calgary who will show me around and drop me off at my college in Barrie?
  4. What are the correct procedures and guidelines I should follow to smoothly enter Canada and begin my studies?
3. Calgary is days by road from Barrie and you would need to fly to Toronto and then travel by road to get to Barrie. How early are you wanting to land in Calgary before your school start date? Can you show extra funds to support yourself during that time? Will you have proof of a purchased ticket and other travel arrangements to get to Toronto from Calgary in the month up to the start date of your schooling? Is there a reason you are attending a college in Barrie? Do you have other family members in the area? There could be concerns about you trying to change schools upon arrival in Canada because there is no reason why you couldn’t have attended a college in Alberta or even Calgary to be closer to family.

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
I haven't bought a ticket yet. What if I use transit at the Toronto airport and then I land in Calgary? I plan to go a month before my classes start.