Inquiry regarding Certified Copies for translated documents

Karenkl

Mar 23, 2017
Chile
Passport Req..
29/08/2017
Well, here is what I found under the requirements for EE:
Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
I also saw that police certificates need to be originals. The documents that I need to translate are from the bank and ID, so I'm still in doubt with those. Thanks!

Reactions: rahulsingh16

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Well, here is what I found under the requirements for EE:
Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
I also saw that police certificates need to be originals. The documents that I need to translate are from the bank and ID, so I'm still in doubt with those. Thanks!
Can someone explain to me the requirements? I will get my docs translated, an affidavit and the original , why do I need a certified photocopy?

Karenkl

Mar 23, 2017
Chile
Passport Req..
29/08/2017
So, I'm going to get the certified photocopies, I prefer to do that than risk to be rejected then. however, I'm still in doubt if the copy is certified by a notary in another language (in my case Spanish) shouldn't I send the translator the certified copy to translate the notary's declaration or something?
I know it says certified copy of the original, however it's going to be in another language so I don't know if that's ok. Thanks!

samuelcastro

Nov 16, 2017
Hey all, about certified true copy, do I need to certify just non-english documents or ALL documents (english or not) should have it's certified true copy as well?

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi everyone,
I am still confused about the translations:
1) Who can certify a copy? A translator or a notary is a must?
2) Does the affidavit have to be certified by a notary as well?

esperia

Feb 5, 2018
So, I'm going to get the certified photocopies, I prefer to do that than risk to be rejected then. however, I'm still in doubt if the copy is certified by a notary in another language (in my case Spanish) shouldn't I send the translator the certified copy to translate the notary's declaration or something?
I know it says certified copy of the original, however it's going to be in another language so I don't know if that's ok. Thanks!
Hi Karen, is there any way I can contact you directly? I'm also from Chile and would like your advice abouth this.
Thank you!

probee

Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

My US degree certificate is in latin. My college will provide translation and a copy of original, both notarized. But they will be unable to provide any affidavit.
Has anybody had similar experiences? Is that okay

TIA