Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just had an employer and will be having my lmo in a week. I just had a problem with regard to my passport since I didn't notice that one letter on my father's original middle name does not match on the middle name that was being placed on my passport bio data. Actually, it's my fault because I didn't review my birth certificate and just rely on what my sister has told to me. I applied for my PP with a bio of my father's middle name of baneZ which supposed to be baneS. I don't know if it will affect my application for TWP. I wanted to lessen the risks of refusal of visa because of this. Let me know what I shall do. Please and thank you.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
ann329 said:
Hi everyone,

I just had an employer and will be having my lmo in a week. I just had a problem with regard to my passport since I didn't notice that one letter on my father's original middle name does not match on the middle name that was being placed on my passport bio data. Actually, it's my fault because I didn't review my birth certificate and just rely on what my sister has told to me. I applied for my PP with a bio of my father's middle name of baneZ which supposed to be baneS. I don't know if it will affect my application for TWP. I wanted to lessen the risks of refusal of visa because of this. Let me know what I shall do. Please and thank you.
If you've already applied for TWP, then the honest way to be to get a corrected birth certificate and then contact the visa office to inform them on the error -- tell them you've got the authentic certificate that demonstrates the correction. If they require to see it, just send it over. They can't refuse a TWP because of a lapsus.

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
If you've already applied for TWP, then the honest way to be to get a corrected birth certificate and then contact the visa office to inform them on the error -- tell them you've got the authentic certificate that demonstrates the correction. If they require to see it, just send it over. They can't refuse a TWP because of a lapsus.
I thought no one would ever reply and help me out with this dilemma. It will be a nerve cracking case if ever I'll be refused for TWP just because of a small mistake. However, I appreciated your kindness and for responding to this post. I'll keep this if ever they'll ask me to send over authenticated documents as my proof. I am currently waiting for the LMO and we're hoping that it will be released this coming week. Thank you :)

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ann329 said:
I thought no one would ever reply and help me out with this dilemma. It will be a nerve cracking case if ever I'll be refused for TWP just because of a small mistake. However, I appreciated your kindness and for responding to this post. I'll keep this if ever they'll ask me to send over authenticated documents as my proof. I am currently waiting for the LMO and we're hoping that it will be released this coming week. Thank you :)
Usually Visa Officer rely on your Passport details. Are you from the Philippines? And are you saying that your Passport has wrong spelling on your middle name? Then that's a big problem with your documents. I'm not saying that they won't approve your TWP application but they might asks you more documents. They will always based on the Passport details when CIC issues permits or visas..My friend's case all her School Records, Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate are all correct but her Passport was wrong at that time Dela Cruz with Dela Crus. CIC approved her Work Permit application and it was issued on her Passport name/details. Now, since she doesn't want to be named like that she went to Philippine Embassy/PCG Vancouver and she undergo the so-called RA9048 "Correction of Clerical Error in the Middle Name or Father's Name..." and it such a pain and too stressful doing that. So if you want that your Passport to be corrected then try browsing the RA9048.

ann329

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honeysweetie said:
Usually Visa Officer rely on your Passport details. Are you from the Philippines? And are you saying that your Passport has wrong spelling on your middle name? Then that's a big problem with your documents. I'm not saying that they won't approve your TWP application but they might asks you more documents. They will always based on the Passport details when CIC issues permits or visas..My friend's case all her School Records, Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate are all correct but her Passport was wrong at that time Dela Cruz with Dela Crus. CIC approved her Work Permit application and it was issued on her Passport name/details. Now, since she doesn't want to be named like that she went to Philippine Embassy/PCG Vancouver and she undergo the so-called RA9048 "Correction of Clerical Error in the Middle Name or Father's Name..." and it such a pain and too stressful doing that. So if you want that your Passport to be corrected then try browsing the RA9048.
Yes honeysweetie I am from the Philippines. The problem is not on my middle name but on the middle name of my father which was indicated on the passport bio data. I don't know how to arrange this one and correct it. I'm trying to contact the DFA's passport hotline but I can't find a chance to talk to its service representative due to a huge volume of phone calls they handle. I've read that passport bio data will also be needed for the application at POEA office. I'm still confused and frustrated even with this stupid mess I've done.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ann329 said:
Yes honeysweetie I am from the Philippines. The problem is not on my middle name but on the middle name of my father which was indicated on the passport bio data. I don't know how to arrange this one and correct it. I'm trying to contact the DFA's passport hotline but I can't find a chance to talk to its service representative due to a huge volume of phone calls they handle. I've read that passport bio data will also be needed for the application at POEA office. I'm still confused and frustrated even with this stupid mess I've done.
I'm sorry I get lost. What do you mean middle name of your father? Middle Name of your father is not reflected on YOUR Passport Bio page. You are not required to send the passport of your father. Please clarify. I can't get what you mean. If your own passport details is correct then there's no problem at all then. Is it not that the details on your passport indicated like this" SURNAME=father's surname, GIVEN NAME, MIDDLE NAME=mother's maiden name? I'm sorry correct me!

lonewolf889

Jul 13, 2016
Did you get your visa ? Am on a similar situation. Please let me know at the earliest.