Med's Done....
26-04-11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-07-11
VISA ISSUED...
pending
Hi Everyone!, i am a holder of Canadian Immigrant visa issued at Abu Dhabi last July 17, 2011. I formerly worked at Doha, Qatar as an Overseas Filipino Worker. During my stay on the said country, I applied my Permanent Residence in Canada & fortunately my visa was granted and approved. So upon receiving such, I rendered my resignation and came back here in the Philippines just to be with my family before entering to Canada. In connection to this, may I ask if I need to acquire Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) since my issuing country is not here in the Philippines? What else do i need to accomplish as part of Philippine Government departure policy?

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
I'm not sure but let me tell you my experience. I was "almost" at the same situation last December 2010. Our Canadian PR was issued in the US and never entered in Canada (so no PR card yet!). Then we went on vacation in the Philippines. On our way back to US (well, we had a connecting flight in Singapore so our ticket was bound to Singapore), I presented my Canadian PR visa (the stamp on our passport) to the airline ticket counter. The agents had several conversations about our PR visa since we're travelling to Singapore, but are Canadian PRs... the agent wasn't sure if we should still pay for travel tax. And then, their supervisor said "Any PR does not need to pay travel tax"... so the agent handed our passports back together with our boarding passes and just asked us to pay the terminal fee (Php750). And that's about it. No one asked us about PDOS, or any other canadian PR seminar requirements.

However, it could be a different case for you if you will be flying directly to Canada from the Philippines. They might ask you about the seminar requirements for Canadian PRs since you will be Canada-bound. Hope that helps! BTW, I'm Filipino too.

bubs1121

Apr 11, 2009
In my own experience, no need. That's only for OFW. You just have to pay the 750 unlike the OFW. And be sure you can provide any address in Canada where you'll stay even hotel address will do.

hansol

Sep 6, 2011
Hi im also in the same situation as scarab01 but mine is issued here in Singapore Canada Visa Office. Just like to check scarab01 if you managed to exit from the Phils smoothly are there any questions or additional requirements asked?

Jhokris

Dec 19, 2017
Hello! My family and I are Canadian PR card holders currently living in the UAE. We’ve already landed in Canada last February, and we plan to return by April 2019 to settle there permanently. We want to pass by the Philippines just to meet our relatives before our permanent move to Canada. Do we still need to attend the PDOS given that we’ve already landed in Canada and are already permanent residents? Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! My family and I are Canadian PR card holders currently living in the UAE. We’ve already landed in Canada last February, and we plan to return by April 2019 to settle there permanently. We want to pass by the Philippines just to meet our relatives before our permanent move to Canada. Do we still need to attend the PDOS given that we’ve already landed in Canada and are already permanent residents? Thanks in advance.
Do you really need to bring back an old thread? Contact the PDOS.

JimStay

Jan 1, 2019
In my own experience, no need. That's only for OFW. You just have to pay the 750 unlike the OFW. And be sure you can provide any address in Canada where you'll stay even hotel address will do.
Thanks for your answer, it is very valuable to me.

Jungbrasco

Mar 4, 2019
Hi im in the same situation as you, so just wanna know if we really need to attemp the Pdos when we back in the Philippine, thank.

Jhokris

Dec 19, 2017
Hi im in the same situation as you, so just wanna know if we really need to attemp the Pdos when we back in the Philippine, thank.
I already contacted CRO and they said yes, it’s still required to attend PDOS. Unless you’ve lived in Canada for 2 months. You can contact them for the requirements.

Thanks.

Jungbrasco

Mar 4, 2019
I already contacted CRO and they said yes, it’s still required to attend PDOS. Unless you’ve lived in Canada for 2 months. You can contact them for the requirements.

Thanks.
Thank you for replying. So if i understand, if i live in Canada more than 2 month before i return to the Philippine, I dont need to do the PDOS rite?

Jhokris

Dec 19, 2017
Thank you for replying. So if i understand, if i live in Canada more than 2 month before i return to the Philippine, I dont need to do the PDOS rite?
Yes, but you need to still register at CFO to obtain a emigrant sticker.

Here’s the reply of CFO so it’s clearer:

“We wish to inform that, you are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), if you are going back to the Philippines, since you are already permanent residents in Canada. You will be required by the authorities of the Bureau of Immigration at the port of exit to present the CFO emigrant registration sticker as exit clearance.

You may be exempt from attending the PDOS at the CFO if you already lived in Canada for at least two (2) months, however, you still need to visit the CFO to register. You may register at CFO (Manila, Cebu, Davao or Clark visit www.cfo.gov.ph for more information) and the CFO emigrant registration sticker will be affixed to your passport as proof of registration upon satisfactorily completed the registration requirements. You may register by walk-in granted that you will be exempted from attending the PDOS (exemption from attending the seminar is still subject for approval based on the proof and documents presented during the registration at CFO).

You must bring your original valid passports, permanent resident cards, and government identification cards issued in Canada like driver’s license, state identification or old Canadian visas with landing stamp as proof of stay in Canada. You also need to pay the registration fee of Php 400.00 for each registrants.

Attached is a flyer that includes procedures, requirements and schedule of PDOS and Peer Counseling at CFO. Should you have other inquiries, please call at (02) 552-4700 locals 712, 713, 740, 745, 746 and 754.”

Reactions: bieber123