+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry into program for study permit application

Chamalie226

Sep 21, 2023
I’m a BSc holder in Biology with limited knowledge in Chemistry, so I wish to do a BSc in chemistry in Canada, so I could subsequently pursue MSc in Biochemistry. Is it a good choice of program?
If so, how can I articulate it to convince the visa officer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m a BSc holder in Biology with limited knowledge in Chemistry, so I wish to do a BSc in chemistry in Canada, so I could subsequently pursue MSc in Biochemistry. Is it a good choice of program?
If so, how can I articulate it to convince the visa officer?
Doesn’t really make sense to take another science degree when you have a science degree. You need to show education and career advancement to justify costs. If taking a 4 year degree in Canada, it will cost $100k+ so you need to justify the costs of the degree with better career opportunities in your home country than you have now with the same degree.

Chamalie226

Sep 21, 2023
Doesn’t really make sense to take another science degree when you have a science degree. You need to show education and career advancement to justify costs. If taking a 4 year degree in Canada, it will cost $100k+ so you need to justify the costs of the degree with better career opportunities in your home country than you have now with the same degree.
Thank you Naturgrl! I’ve already it and got admission, so wanted some ideas to articulate this to convince the VO.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on the process of writing my letter of explanation, and I definitely need ideas on this.
You need to explain why you need to take another BSc in Canada, and what better and higher paying job opportunities you will have with a chemistry degree than a biology degree. So you need to show that paying $100k+ will give you better jobs than you have now. This has nothing to do with taking your Masters.

Chamalie226

Sep 21, 2023
You need to explain why you need to take another BSc in Canada, and what better and higher paying job opportunities you will have with a chemistry degree than a biology degree. So you need to show that paying $100k+ will give you better jobs than you have now. This has nothing to do with taking your Masters.
Okay is noted!