+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry important

Haitham11

Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding applying for open work permit from outside Canada I am still confused what step should be first I should apply for the TRV after that I have to apply for open work permit ,
I have read in the official immigration site that it's not necessarily to apply for trv in separate application coz it's automatically granted after getting open work permit but I still confused at this point? Coz it's mentioned in open work permit eligiblity conditions that persons allowed to get open work permit when they have trv sow which step comes first
and please tell me about minimum proof of funds and educational degree required to this process

Haitham11

Feb 23, 2021
How are you eligible for an open work permit?
I don't sure exactly what answer will be right for your question but as far as I know my eligibility depends on having temporary resident visa that enables me to get work permit therefore I have asked my question

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't sure exactly what answer will be right for your question but as far as I know my eligibility depends on having temporary resident visa that enables me to get work permit therefore I have asked my question
Open work permits are only given for specific circumstances like for a spouse on a work visa or study permit. I don’t see how you are eligible. You can’t just come to Canada to look for a job. You need a job offer and LMIA and then a closed work permit.

Reactions: Haitham11

Haitham11

Feb 23, 2021
Open work permits are only given for specific circumstances like for a spouse on a work visa or study permit. I don’t see how you are eligible. You can’t just come to Canada to look for a job. You need a job offer and LMIA and then a closed work permit.
Thank you for replying me is it easy to get job offer from outside Canada ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for replying me is it easy to get job offer from outside Canada ?
No it is not. You don’t have work authorization and your employer needs a LMIA and needs to prove no Canadian can do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. For the employer the LMIA costs money and takes months. And then the closed work permit takes months. It can be over a year.