+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry about getting Study permit inside Canada and Visa

a_tj27

Mar 25, 2019
Hello,
I am an international student. I applied for study permit outside Canada and now My study permit application was approved. but I am currently inside Canada with Multiple Entry Visitor Visa.
In the letter I received from IRCC, it is said that the study permit Will be issued on my arrival border when I enter the country. But I am now in Canada.
1- Is there any way to get study permit issued inside Canada (Montreal or other cities) ?
2- Do I need another type of visa for studying? my current visa will be valid untill 2022 and by that time I am supposed to finish my studies.
Thank you!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I believe you will need to flagpole, but call ircc and see what they suggest.

The visa/trv in passport is the same you dont need to change it, also you only need it when traveling to and entering canada not to study in Canada.

ezekiel05

Jul 25, 2019
Hello,
I am an international student. I applied for study permit outside Canada and now My study permit application was approved. but I am currently inside Canada with Multiple Entry Visitor Visa.
In the letter I received from IRCC, it is said that the study permit Will be issued on my arrival border when I enter the country. But I am now in Canada.
1- Is there any way to get study permit issued inside Canada (Montreal or other cities) ?
2- Do I need another type of visa for studying? my current visa will be valid untill 2022 and by that time I am supposed to finish my studies.
Thank you!
Hi! May I know if you were here in Canada when you applied for Student Permit? Thank you.